Home Login Sign Up Forums News Articles Leaderboards Members Search
Welcome! Sign up to remove the advertisements.

Options:
Archived: XbA All-Nighter: Gears of War 3/10

Posted Under: Site News & Updates
Re: XbA All-Nighter: Gears of War 3/10
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 25,000 or higher.

Sociable
Sociable

This user introduced himself or herself in the Introduce Yourself forum.

I'll come in, I'm actually about to make a thread with a poll so we can see how many people on here are actually going to participate (assuming they come on here before the all-nighter), and we can properly prepare multiple rooms if we have to. I call host, assuming I remember :)
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

This Xbox America member has been featured in the Monthly Community Spotlight.

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

This user used the Xbox America search bar.

Well, last night was pretty fun while it lasted. My friend came over and we were just getting ready to sit down and munch on some late dinner and I remembered about this GoW night. It was around 9:30 or so before I remembered.

I jumped online and added Frothy and Marvel to my friends list (welcome M8's) and after some crazy problems with trying to join Frothy's room, I had to create a room and invite the two of them along with myself and my guest.

It was funny to see how bad my friend and I sucked at this game online, but it was nice to get it all working. (At least until my system locked up after one of the sessions.)

I am upset about the whole "show your friend" what online Xbox Live is like feature that MS is trying to do. First off, it does not let your guest talk on live even if he/she has a headset. Also, he can not use his own Silver Membership profile and has to log in as an "Xbox Live Guest" to be able to even play online with me. It was a lot harder than it should have been to play along with a friend who is over.

Anyway, thanks Frothy and Marvel for some late night fun. It's too bad more people didn't show up last night for it. We'll try it again soon I hope!
Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

This user has donated $1+ to Xbox America.

Xbox America Sponsor
Xbox America Sponsor

This user has donated $15+ to Xbox America.

Xbox America Benefactor
Xbox America Benefactor

This user has donated $50+ to Xbox America.

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 50,000 or higher.

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

This user is a member of Xbox America's group on 360Voice.com.

not bad i feel bad for frothy playing with some noob online
Xbox America Staff
Xbox America Staff

This is a staff member of Xbox America

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

This user has written over 1,000 posts. Rock on!

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Ron Burgundy
Ron Burgundy

This user has written 10+ published Xbox America news articles.

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

This user created a thread which attracted 150 or more replies.

Representin'
Representin'

This user has given Xbox America some love in his Xbox Live motto.

It Defines Me
It Defines Me

This user mentioned Xbox America in his Xbox Live biography.

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

This user used the Xbox America search bar.

Community Player
Community Player

This gamer participated in Xbox America's Xbox.com Community Playdate.

Sorry I couldn't be there guys, but I didn't have any say in the date. :p
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Sociable
Sociable

Well, I honestly think that this just flopped over like a fish out of water. I think we should try this again with GoW, but this time we should be able to vote on a date and do it a good while in advance, so we're all sure that we will be able to play and all of that good stuff. I didn't even know that we were going to have a GoW all nighter until the day before it was supposed to occur, and I think that happened with basically everyone here minus San, Marvel, and I. Coordination is key if we are going to do it again. I call host when we play again.

ALSO, on an unrelated note, I am pretty much quitting GoW online unless I am playing with somone I know. I have portions of video of some total douchebags that ruined the whole experience for me, and it has happened so many times that I am fed up with it. I believe that I may even be banned because they all just straight up complaint bombed me, and left at least 3 of every single type of complaint you can possibly leave. I'm sorry to say that you will miss all the juicy stuff, as it all happened before I started recording and while the batteries were dead. If you want to see the two videos (It would be one but my cam batteries died halfway through), view my profile and check out my shoutbox. Positive rep me if you can.
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

This user has written over 1,000 posts. Rock on!

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Ron Burgundy
Ron Burgundy

This user has written 10+ published Xbox America news articles.

Brain Stormer
Brain Stormer

This user thought of an idea for a new site feature which was later implemented.

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

This user has posted one of his or her official Xbox America gamercards on another website.

Leaderboard Champion
Leaderboard Champion

This user has held 1st place on the Xbox America gamerscore leaderboard.

Quote by FrothyOmen:

Well, I honestly think that this just flopped over like a fish out of water. I think we should try this again with GoW, but this time we should be able to vote on a date and do it a good while in advance, so we're all sure that we will be able to play and all of that good stuff. I didn't even know that we were going to have a GoW all nighter until the day before it was supposed to occur, and I think that happened with basically everyone here minus San, Marvel, and I. Coordination is key if we are going to do it again. I call host when we play again.

ALSO, on an unrelated note, I am pretty much quitting GoW online unless I am playing with somone I know. I have portions of video of some total douchebags that ruined the whole experience for me, and it has happened so many times that I am fed up with it. I believe that I may even be banned because they all just straight up complaint bombed me, and left at least 3 of every single type of complaint you can possibly leave. I'm sorry to say that you will miss all the juicy stuff, as it all happened before I started recording and while the batteries were dead. If you want to see the two videos (It would be one but my cam batteries died halfway through), view my profile and check out my shoutbox. Positive rep me if you can.

It is my fault for the thing flopping. I chose a date and we did a poor job of publicizing it. In the future we will post polls for both games and dates.

As for you getting pinched by those guys, feel free to e-mail someone at Xbox.com as they do not tolerate abuse of the complaint system. Especially as to how you have proof on how most things went down.

Z
2 1339
This thread has been archived. When a thread has been inactive for an extended period of time, it becomes "archived." These threads may be viewed but may not receive new posts. If you have something to post relevant to the topic, try searching for a more recent thread or create a new thread.