Home Login Sign Up Forums News Articles Leaderboards Members Search
Welcome! Sign up to remove the advertisements.

Options:
Archived: Is Fallout 3 Worth it

Posted Under: Xbox 360 Games
Re: Re: Re: Is Fallout 3 Worth it
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 25,000 or higher.

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 50,000 or higher.

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

This user is a member of Xbox America's group on 360Voice.com.

Sociable
Sociable

This user introduced himself or herself in the Introduce Yourself forum.

Quote by X1NSAN3XLEGENDX:

Quote by DUBBz:

put it short its amazing

It isnt just amazing its the greatest Rpg of all time

ITS THE WORST RPG OF ALL TIME IT MAKES RPGS LOOK BAD:growl:
Re: Is Fallout 3 Worth it
360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Sociable
Sociable

I dont like it IMO it is way over rated...If you do choose to get it wait it out till the game of the year edition so you get all the DLC with it.
Re: Re: Is Fallout 3 Worth it
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

Silver Waffle
Silver Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 100,000 or higher.

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

This user created a thread which attracted 150 or more replies.

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

This user used the Xbox America search bar.

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

This user has posted one of his or her official Xbox America gamercards on another website.

Quote by TheBrouhaha84:

I dont like it IMO it is way over rated...If you do choose to get it wait it out till the game of the year edition so you get all the DLC with it.

Yeah its overrated thats why i want to give it a chance
Re: Re: Re: Is Fallout 3 Worth it
Competition Pro
Competition Pro

This user has won three or more gamerscore competitions.

Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

This user has donated $1+ to Xbox America.

Xbox America Sponsor
Xbox America Sponsor

This user has donated $15+ to Xbox America.

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

Silver Waffle
Silver Waffle

Golden Waffle
Golden Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 150,000 or higher.

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

This user has written over 1,000 posts. Rock on!

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

This Xbox America member has been featured in the Monthly Community Spotlight.

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Barterer
Barterer

This user has completed 3 or more game trades and is in good trading standing.

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

Brain Stormer
Brain Stormer

This user thought of an idea for a new site feature which was later implemented.

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

This user has posted one of his or her official Xbox America gamercards on another website.

Quote by X1NSAN3XLEGENDX:

It isnt just amazing its the greatest Rpg of all time

THAT'S a bold statement. I know that everyone may be entitled to their own opinion, but I can't let that opinion go unchallenged.

Ok. I'm guessing you're not much of an RPG fan first of all. Maybe you are, as I have no proof either way beyond this statement, but I doubt it.

This action "RPG" is not a bad game at all. I, along with a few others, actually don't classify games like this as an RPG at all, though. This is an action/shooter with mild RPG elements. Also in this category would be the Fable games, Oblivion, Two Worlds, and the other Fallout games, to name a few.

But I'm not even here to argue THAT point. No one will ever, EVER make a case strong enough for me to agree that Fallout 3 is better than Oblivion, period.

My point is that, I don't even think this game is the best of its type on Xbox 360, let alone stacking up to the brilliant true RPGs on PS2, PSone, DS, NES, Super NES, etc.

I'm sorry if you feel that I'm being harsh and I'm sorry to all of you Fallout fanboys, but I will never stand by and watch someone call this mediocre game on an RPG-retarded console the best RPG of all time.

Deleted User

Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Barterer
Barterer

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

Brain Stormer
Brain Stormer

This user thought of an idea for a new site feature which was later implemented.

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

Community Player
Community Player

This gamer participated in Xbox America's Xbox.com Community Playdate.

i agree with the Evols.
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Sociable
Sociable

I agree with them my faviorite Rpg was chrono trigger but thats my opinion so many people have differnt ones some agree with me some dont Rpg's these days arent like they used to be
360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

Quote by Lady Evol:

1) Fallout 3 is NOT a true RPG.

2) Fallout 3 is NOT the best of its genre, Oblivion is, imo.

3) Fallout 3 is NOT even the best Fallout. That title goes to Fallout 2, imo.

4) When you are stating your opinion, typing it out does NOT make it fact. Therefore you need to put "imo" or "I think" or some other interjection to qualify that you are not, in fact, speaking for all RPGdom, merely yourself.

5) STOP FUCKING DOUBLE POSTING. THIS IS TO ALLLLL OF YOU NOOBS. IT'S ANNOYING AND WHY DO WE HAVE TO SAY THIS EVERY TIME SOMEONE NEW JOINS????? HAVE YOU NEVER POSTED ON ANY OTHER FORUMS BEFORE??????

6) As most people who know me know, I LOVE RPGs. And while I can choose which is my FAVORITE rpg, I would never say that it's the BEST rpg, because there are so many awesome RPGs and SOOOO many really really terrible rpgs that are awesome because of certain things about them, or because they're hilarious.

7) Fallout 3 is worth the money. The game doesn't cost much any more, and if you wait until October to get the GOTY edition (which is funny since it WASN'T the game of the year, was it??? If it was, why was there already a Fable 2 GOTY edition? How many games can they market as GOTY????) with all the dlc included for $60, that's a good price. If you like action games with guns and rpg elements, you'll probably like it. If you are 12 years old, or can't read, you probably won't like it.

And I'm not Evol, so I'm NOT sorry if you think what I'm saying is harsh.

Yeah im a noob and this is the 1st time i ever posted into forums actually this is the 1st website i signed up for thats a community website

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

Silver Waffle
Silver Waffle

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

Quote by Lady Evol:

4) When you are stating your opinion, typing it out does NOT make it fact. Therefore you need to put "imo" or "I think" or some other interjection to qualify that you are not, in fact, speaking for all RPGdom, merely yourself.

5) STOP FUCKING DOUBLE POSTING. THIS IS TO ALLLLL OF YOU NOOBS. IT'S ANNOYING AND WHY DO WE HAVE TO SAY THIS EVERY TIME SOMEONE NEW JOINS????? HAVE YOU NEVER POSTED ON ANY OTHER FORUMS BEFORE??????

6) As most people who know me know, I LOVE RPGs. And while I can choose which is my FAVORITE rpg, I would never say that it's the BEST rpg, because there are so many awesome RPGs and SOOOO many really really terrible rpgs that are awesome because of certain things about them, or because they're hilarious.

7) Fallout 3 is worth the money. The game doesn't cost much any more, and if you wait until October to get the GOTY edition (which is funny since it WASN'T the game of the year, was it??? If it was, why was there already a Fable 2 GOTY edition? How many games can they market as GOTY????) with all the dlc included for $60, that's a good price. If you like action games with guns and rpg elements, you'll probably like it. If you are 12 years old, or can't read, you probably won't like it.

Great job telling like it is

Quote by Lady Evol:

1) Fallout 3 is NOT a true RPG. 2) Fallout 3 is NOT the best of its genre, Oblivion is, imo. 3) Fallout 3 is NOT even the best Fallout. That title goes to Fallout 2, imo. 4) When you are stating your opinion, typing it out does NOT make it fact. Therefore you need to put "imo" or "I think" or some other interjection to qualify that you are not, in fact, speaking for all RPGdom, merely yourself. 5) STOP FUCKING DOUBLE POSTING. THIS IS TO ALLLLL OF YOU NOOBS. IT'S ANNOYING AND WHY DO WE HAVE TO SAY THIS EVERY TIME SOMEONE NEW JOINS????? HAVE YOU NEVER POSTED ON ANY OTHER FORUMS BEFORE?????? 6) As most people who know me know, I LOVE RPGs. And while I can choose which is my FAVORITE rpg, I would never say that it's the BEST rpg, because there are so many awesome RPGs and SOOOO many really really terrible rpgs that are awesome because of certain things about them, or because they're hilarious. 7) Fallout 3 is worth the money. The game doesn't cost much any more, and if you wait until October to get the GOTY edition (which is funny since it WASN'T the game of the year, was it??? If it was, why was there already a Fable 2 GOTY edition? How many games can they market as GOTY????) with all the dlc included for $60, that's a good price. If you like action games with guns and rpg elements, you'll probably like it. If you are 12 years old, or can't read, you probably won't like it. And I'm not Evol, so I'm NOT sorry if you think what I'm saying is harsh.

you are a very cruel person:(
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

Silver Waffle
Silver Waffle

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Waffle Philanthropist
Waffle Philanthropist

This user has donated three or more games to the Waffle Order thread.

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

Brain Stormer
Brain Stormer

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

Quote by Lady Evol:

Lady Evol your rants are amazing.......imo. (moo)
Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

Xbox America Sponsor
Xbox America Sponsor

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

let's all keep in mind that this thread is full of opinions lol.
it is my opinion that fallout 3 is an RPG.

i've never looked up RPG on a dictionary or anything, but when i think of an RPG i think of you playing the role of a character who goes on an epic quest to save the world or something. i think of leveling up, distributing points, buying and finding new weapons and armor, etc.

i don't think an RPG has to be a turn based japanese game by any means...

anyway, by that logic ANY game could be classified an RPG. it doesn't really matter. GTA4 is an RPG. with action elements of course. i wouldn't want to leave that out. the first RPG i remember playing was "the secret of evermore" for the SNES. near the end of the game you got a bazooka. it was all real-time combat. i guess it was an RPG "with action elements" but we still called it an RPG. blasphemy i suppose.

until i bought my 360 i literally played nothing but RPGs and strategy games. chrono trigger, zelda: a link to the past, FF3, FF7, secret of mana, mario RPG, final fantasy tactics, morrowind, tactics ogre, alundra, phantasy star online, FF9, vandal hearts, kartia, lunar: silver star story, suikoden, etc.

it's hard to whoop the ass of some of these awesome classics, but fallout 3 is my favorite RPG.
i bought my 360 for oblivion. the ONLY game i was even interested in for the 360.
i loved it. it was amazing. the graphics, size, content and overall enjoyment had me giggling like a school girl.

then came fallout 3. i'd never even heard of it until someone on this site mentioned it, to be honest. i bought it shortly after and actually disliked it at first because of it's bland scenery. after 10 hours or so i was hooked. after 20 hours i was in love with it. i can't list every reason why i love it, so i won't try, but that's my opinion.
Competition Pro
Competition Pro

This user has won three or more gamerscore competitions.

Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

Xbox America Sponsor
Xbox America Sponsor

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

Silver Waffle
Silver Waffle

Golden Waffle
Golden Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 150,000 or higher.

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Barterer
Barterer

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

Brain Stormer
Brain Stormer

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

I agree about the blurred lines these days as far as what can be classified as an RPG. Every game these days can be classified as an RPG if you hold to the loosest definition of the genre. Hell, the NHL game that you play as 1 player at all times could fit the description. Madden 07 had the superstar mode where you upgrade your player as the year wears on. Bioshock is classified in the first person shooter genre, but you are always upgrading plasmids and refining your weapons. I guess I'm just old school when it comes to RPGs. I'm not ready for any sandbox game that allows you to improve your character, to be called an RPG. It's just that back in the day, RPGs were the only games that gave a sense of non-linear gameplay the way the sandbox genre does today.
Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

Xbox America Sponsor
Xbox America Sponsor

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

Quote by theevol1:

I agree about the blurred lines these days as far as what can be classified as an RPG. Every game these days can be classified as an RPG if you hold to the loosest definition of the genre. Hell, the NHL game that you play as 1 player at all times could fit the description. Madden 07 had the superstar mode where you upgrade your player as the year wears on. Bioshock is classified in the first person shooter genre, but you are always upgrading plasmids and refining your weapons. I guess I'm just old school when it comes to RPGs. I'm not ready for any sandbox game that allows you to improve your character, to be called an RPG. It's just that back in the day, RPGs were the only games that gave a sense of non-linear gameplay the way the sandbox genre does today.

the fact that you're not ready for a sandbox game to be called an RPG is your choice.
i can't argue with that whatsoever.
and yes, back in the day it was different. very much so.

Deleted User

7 8838
This thread has been archived. When a thread has been inactive for an extended period of time, it becomes "archived." These threads may be viewed but may not receive new posts. If you have something to post relevant to the topic, try searching for a more recent thread or create a new thread.