Home Login Sign Up Forums News Articles Leaderboards Members Search
Welcome! Sign up to remove the advertisements.

Options:
Closed: Halo 3 vs Modern Warfare 2

Posted Under: Xbox 360 Games
Re: Re: Halo 3 vs Modern Warfare 2
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 25,000 or higher.

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 50,000 or higher.

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

This user is a member of Xbox America's group on 360Voice.com.

Sociable
Sociable

This user introduced himself or herself in the Introduce Yourself forum.

Quote by reed0tuy0u:

Unattributed Quote:

wow i cant believe halo 3 is hated so much cus of mw2........B^(

don't blame it on the mw2 blame it on the halo.

hahahaha true that :)

Deleted User

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Sociable
Sociable

Quote by sprinter461:

moot point considering Call of Duty 4 was #2 and had obvious competition from from itself in Modern Warfare 2 (#3). Add up CoD4 and MW2 and it would have easily trumped Halo 3.

....or if Bungie had released a good game in 2009 Halo 3 probably wouldn't have been #1 as it's die-hard players would have been split. Im looking at you ODST :growl:
Re: Halo 3 vs Modern Warfare 2
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

Silver Waffle
Silver Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 100,000 or higher.

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

This user used the Xbox America search bar.

I say halo 3 beats MW2 hands down. There is so much better stuff in Halo over cod. You can play co-op campaign, you can have 4 people play online in the same system. Better, and cooler guns, and i love the shields. I like have sometimes it takes forever to kill someone, and best of all no glitches. Bad things about MW2. No campaign, only 1 online person, crappy weapons, no shields, 30+ glitches,should i continue,no,but i am going to. The people i know who play mw2 cuss, they say stuff i never heard of, they are mostly jerks, and they suck, and there is no story to modern warfare

Games that beat MW2

Assassin creeds 2
assassin creed
dragon age
halo3
halo odst
Star wars
fallout
cod waw
medal of honor
fable 2
samurai warriors 2 empires
army of 2
mass effect
mass effect 2
plus 100 more games i can think of.

Modern Warfare 2 SUCKS!!!!!

Deleted User

Re: Re: Re: Halo 3 vs Modern Warfare 2
Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

This user has donated $1+ to Xbox America.

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

This user has written over 1,000 posts. Rock on!

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

This Xbox America member has been featured in the Monthly Community Spotlight.

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

This user created a thread which attracted 150 or more replies.

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

This user has posted one of his or her official Xbox America gamercards on another website.

Community Player
Community Player

This gamer participated in Xbox America's Xbox.com Community Playdate.

Quote by x Brie Bear x:

Quote by Bowzer06:

Halo 3 is for a bunch of social inept homophobic 14 year old boys listening to insane clown posse and chugging mountain dew. MW2 is for the rest of us.

hahahahaha, amazing. However, MW2 has its share of 14 yr old homophobic boys....recent conversation with some random kid on my team while I was on headset:

kid: "Bro, are you gay? You sound gay. You'd have to be."

me: "Dude, I'm a chick."

kid: "So you're a lesbian? Because only lesbian girls play COD."

me: "What? You're a douche."

kid: "You're a lesbian, I know it. That's disgusting. I'm leaving."

i like how he knew youre a lesbian...he must have haxx :baffled:

another mw2 problem: hackers.

:yes:
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Sociable
Sociable

Quote by Mudkip:

MW2 is just a poorly executed game online.

yeah and the mona lisa doesn't have eyebrows...
Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

This Xbox America member has been featured in the Monthly Community Spotlight.

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

This user has posted one of his or her official Xbox America gamercards on another website.

Community Player
Community Player

This gamer participated in Xbox America's Xbox.com Community Playdate.

Quote by Bowzer06:

Quote by Mudkip:

MW2 is just a poorly executed game online.

yeah and the mona lisa doesn't have eyebrows...

she doesnt :p

here, have a close up!

idk bout you, but i dont see eyebrows! so therefore what you said is true which means what mudkip said is true! its a poorly executed game online!!
Re: Re: Re: Re: Halo 3 vs Modern Warfare 2
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Sociable
Sociable

Quote by Taco:

idk bout you, but i dont see eyebrows! so therefore what you said is true which means what mudkip said is true! its a poorly executed game online!!

ah-ha nice try, actually what I meant was that even perfection (as many consider the mona lisa to be) is flawed, I was admitting MW2 online has bugs but it's still a fantastic experience.

;)

EDIT: btw those are some really nice high res images of the mona-lisa, might just have to save those for some photoshop sillyness
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

It Defines Me
It Defines Me

This user mentioned Xbox America in his Xbox Live biography.

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Quote by Katarn StarKiLR:

I say halo 3 beats MW2 hands down. There is so much better stuff in Halo over cod. You can play co-op campaign, you can have 4 people play online in the same system. Better, and cooler guns, and i love the shields. I like have sometimes it takes forever to kill someone, and best of all no glitches. Bad things about MW2. No campaign, only 1 online person, crappy weapons, no shields, 30+ glitches,should i continue,no,but i am going to. The people i know who play mw2 cuss, they say stuff i never heard of, they are mostly jerks, and they suck, and there is no story to modern warfare Games that beat MW2
Assassin creeds 2
assassin creed
dragon age
halo3
halo odst
Star wars
fallout
cod waw
medal of honor
fable 2
army of 2
mass effect mass effect 2 plus 100 more games i can think of. Modern Warfare 2 SUCKS!!!!!

How can you say that having no shields and realistic guns makes a game bad. If they had shields then everyone would be mad because they got away from the realistic part of war.
For the guns, all of those guns are real (at least as far as I know, I could be proven wrong) but, if they made a ray gun in MW2 all online players would use it and soon threads would start about how ppl hate those so, they had to keep the guns realistic. Ppl got upset at the akimbo 1887's so what did Infinity Ward do.. they dumbed them down to make it more realistic.
I also really have no idea why it would be fun having a hard time killing someone :confused:. I have heard just as many jerks playing halo as I have heard playing CoD and if it bothers you that much you can mute them so I don't even know why that's one of your points.
Also, could you imagine how frustrating the game would be having 4 ppl playing on one screen. First, you basically have to look everywhere in the game because there are many places that ppl can get to and having 4 ppl on 1 tv would be too overwhelming. You would need a HUGE tv to see everything. Second, with some of the gametypes having ppl play on 1 tv wouldn't be right. I mean they took off party chat for search so ppl that were dead couldn't tell ppl that were alive where they were killed from. So, only having 1 person online is the best idea. CoD has way more game types than Halo.
Last point... CoD WaW is no where near as good as MW2. There were just as many glitches in that game as MW2 when it first came out. I mean they never fixed the problem with the knife in that game. The one where your knife would go through the guy but you wouldn't kill him. I hope that was just a joke on your part. Ther
Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

Marketer
Marketer

This user has referred five users to Xbox America.

Master Marketer
Master Marketer

This user has referred ten users to Xbox America.

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

I say halo 3 beats MW2 hands down. There is so much better stuff in Halo over cod. You can play co-op campaign, you can have 4 people play online in the same system. Better, and cooler guns, and i love the shields. I like have sometimes it takes forever to kill someone, and best of all no glitches. Bad things about MW2. No campaign, only 1 online person, crappy weapons, no shields, 30+ glitches,should i continue,no,but i am going to. The people i know who play mw2 cuss, they say stuff i never heard of, they are mostly jerks, and they suck, and there is no story to modern warfare

Games that beat MW2

Assassin creeds 2
assassin creed
dragon age
halo3
halo odst
Star wars
fallout
cod waw
medal of honor
fable 2
army of 2
mass effect
mass effect 2

Ok one: Halo is really boring and it makes no sense why people can even get hooked to it. Online its either stand right next to someone or you get like 4 guns that can kill from a decent range. Co-op campaign isn't necessary if you any good at the game. Forever to kill someone is a bad thing. Why shields in a war game. There is a campaign and the story comes from Call of Duty 4 so thats just.... Moving on! Crappy weapons, ok Halo's guns are poorly graphiced and never hit or kill someone and they go behind cover and Poof back to full health! This one makes me lol no glitches in halo....look up halo glitches and see how much you get on it. More little kids on Halo=more little kids swearing for no reason. Mostly jerks is a lie, usually people are really jerks until you start something with them. They suck...this is a horrible argument because i meet way more people in halo that are horrible than i do in MW2. And the fact that you even but ODST on there is lol because its $60.00 1 hour campaign, and firefight and 3 new maps.....
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

Silver Waffle
Silver Waffle

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Quote by xXo Rooster oXx:

Games that beat MW2

Assassin creeds 2
assassin creed
dragon age
halo3
halo odst
Star wars
fallout
cod waw
medal of honor
fable 2
army of 2
mass effect
mass effect 2

Ok one: Halo is really boring and it makes no sense why people can even get hooked to it. Online its either stand right next to someone or you get like 4 guns that can kill from a decent range. Co-op campaign isn't necessary if you any good at the game. Forever to kill someone is a bad thing. Why shields in a war game. There is a campaign and the story comes from Call of Duty 4 so thats just.... Moving on! Crappy weapons, ok Halo's guns are poorly graphiced and never hit or kill someone and they go behind cover and Poof back to full health! This one makes me lol no glitches in halo....look up halo glitches and see how much you get on it. More little kids on Halo=more little kids swearing for no reason. Mostly jerks is a lie, usually people are really jerks until you start something with them. They suck...this is a horrible argument because i meet way more people in halo that are horrible than i do in MW2. And the fact that you even but ODST on there is lol because its $60.00 1 hour campaign, and firefight and 3 new maps.....

I said the people i know are jerks. I prefer co-op of single player, sometimes. I never said shields in a war game. I prefer games with shields so i have a chance to kill the person shooting. Without shields i die, and die etc. Halo has glitches but they are gone. MW2 just got 30 of them patched, and still has more. I don't like firefight or the maps. the campaign takes 8 hours, and you have to do it in one sitting or the missions reset. And i never pay 60$ for a game.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Halo 3 vs Modern Warfare 2
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Sociable
Sociable

Games that beat MW2

cod waw

:no:
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

Silver Waffle
Silver Waffle

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Quote by silencer018:

I say halo 3 beats MW2 hands down. There is so much better stuff in Halo over cod. You can play co-op campaign, you can have 4 people play online in the same system. Better, and cooler guns, and i love the shields. I like have sometimes it takes forever to kill someone, and best of all no glitches. Bad things about MW2. No campaign, only 1 online person, crappy weapons, no shields, 30+ glitches,should i continue,no,but i am going to. The people i know who play mw2 cuss, they say stuff i never heard of, they are mostly jerks, and they suck, and there is no story to modern warfare Games that beat MW2
Assassin creeds 2
assassin creed
dragon age
halo3
halo odst
Star wars
fallout
cod waw
medal of honor
fable 2
army of 2
mass effect mass effect 2 plus 100 more games i can think of. Modern Warfare 2 SUCKS!!!!!

How can you say that having no shields and realistic guns makes a game bad. If they had shields then everyone would be mad because they got away from the realistic part of war.
For the guns, all of those guns are real (at least as far as I know, I could be proven wrong) but, if they made a ray gun in MW2 all online players would use it and soon threads would start about how ppl hate those so, they had to keep the guns realistic. Ppl got upset at the akimbo 1887's so what did Infinity Ward do.. they dumbed them down to make it more realistic.
I also really have no idea why it would be fun having a hard time killing someone :confused:. I have heard just as many jerks playing halo as I have heard playing CoD and if it bothers you that much you can mute them so I don't even know why that's one of your points.
Also, could you imagine how frustrating the game would be having 4 ppl playing on one screen. First, you basically have to look everywhere in the game because there are many places that ppl can get to and having 4 ppl on 1 tv would be too overwhelming. You would need a HUGE tv to see everything. Second, with some of the gametypes having ppl play on 1 tv wouldn't be right. I mean they took off party chat for search so ppl that were dead couldn't tell ppl that were alive where they were killed from. So, only having 1 person online is the best idea. CoD has way more game types than Halo.
Last point... CoD WaW is no where near as good as MW2. There were just as many glitches in that game as MW2 when it first came out. I mean they never fixed the problem with the knife in that game. The one where your knife would go through the guy but you wouldn't kill him. I hope that was just a joke on your part. Ther

I prefer games with shields, and i have no clue what modern guns do. But fiction guns i know. For the akimbo i have no idea what you are talking about. Hard time killing someone means i stay alive long enough to take them with me. For the jerks more are in cod, they cheat, use glitches, and use terms like noob. I happen to sometimes use they best weapon combo i get called a noob. IN halo that doesn't happen. The 4 player option i get what your saying, but it would of been nice to have it. In waw for nazi zombies, or at least two people online. I like telling people were they are when i am dead. I don't care about game types. I prefer halos.
I still prefer world at war. I know the guns, completely. When to use when not to use them. What they can or can not do. I since the guns are weak i have a chance. In mw2 everyone has a long range machine gun, or a one shot kill gun that shoots across the entire map. World at war doesn't have that. Don't know the knife bug. WAW takes more skill to play than mw2. Mw2 an 8 year old can beat anybody with the guns it has. In WAW an 8 year old would always lose. WAW beats MW2.
Re: Halo 3 vs Modern Warfare 2
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

It Defines Me
It Defines Me

This user mentioned Xbox America in his Xbox Live biography.

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

How is it a good thing that you have to play the campaign in one sitting otherwise it resets? I would quote it but, I don't want to take up the whole next page. Also, the reason why you liked WaW more than MW2 is because you know the guns. The only thing I can say to that is get used to the guns in MW2. After you play you will start to know them and start to figure out classes. The reason why the guns are weak in WaW is because everyone runs around with juggernaught and because its the world war, the guns weren't as developed as they are now. Your whole argument is basically, you like Halo better because you are bad at MW2 and don't really want to put in the effort to get better at the game. Also, I have heard many, many, many ppl say noob in Halo 3 lol.
4 11513