Home Login Sign Up Forums News Articles Leaderboards Members Search
Welcome! Sign up to remove the advertisements.

Options:
Archived: 2010 NBA Playoffs

Posted Under: Entertainment
Re: 2010 NBA Playoffs
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 25,000 or higher.

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 50,000 or higher.

Silver Waffle
Silver Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 100,000 or higher.

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

This user is a member of Xbox America's group on 360Voice.com.

Sociable
Sociable

This user introduced himself or herself in the Introduce Yourself forum.

Googler
Googler

This user used the Xbox America search bar.

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

This user has posted one of his or her official Xbox America gamercards on another website.

I like the Cavs, but they need to get LeBron some real help. Someone like Dirk or Chris Bosh...where's Mark Price or Craig Ehlo when you need them lol

Deleted User

Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

This user has donated $1+ to Xbox America.

Xbox America Sponsor
Xbox America Sponsor

This user has donated $15+ to Xbox America.

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

This user has posted one of his or her official Xbox America gamercards on another website.

Yuh I read it after I posted and saw that you touched on a lot of what I wrote anyway. *slaps forehead* Regardless his team stinks and he should not be expected to fill every role all the time.
Re: Re: 2010 NBA Playoffs
Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

This user has written over 1,000 posts. Rock on!

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Barterer
Barterer

This user has completed 3 or more game trades and is in good trading standing.

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

This user created a thread which attracted 150 or more replies.

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

Community Player
Community Player

This gamer participated in Xbox America's Xbox.com Community Playdate.

Quote by ComMandeR SouR:

I saw what you wrote Melissa but i didn't bother reading it because tis prolly laced with frustration and isn't clearly thought out.

Of all people to say that to...you certainly chose the wrong one. If anyone on this site posts things that are actually thought out and not just emotional reactions, etc...it's Melissa.
Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

Xbox America Sponsor
Xbox America Sponsor

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

We all live and learn, and from now on i will make sure to read all posts by the evols seeing as how they're clearly thought out. Though i disagree with their view on Lebron playing the 4 other starter positions, every championship squad has at least one other A+ guy on their team, can you guys name another A+ guy on the Cavs, don't worry I've got all day for you guys to try and find one. :D
Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Barterer
Barterer

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

Community Player
Community Player

Shaq was supposed to be that guy...
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

Silver Waffle
Silver Waffle

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

Lol the key word was supposed
Competition Pro
Competition Pro

This user has won three or more gamerscore competitions.

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

Silver Waffle
Silver Waffle

Golden Waffle
Golden Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 150,000 or higher.

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

It Defines Me
It Defines Me

This user mentioned Xbox America in his Xbox Live biography.

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

celtics take another one. i guess there not washed up like everyone was saying. go boston

Deleted User

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

Silver Waffle
Silver Waffle

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

I am a LeBron fan, and I agree with Evol. This is a team that can go all the way, but it will take the star of the team to carry a bulk of the load in crunch time. I was never a big fan of the Cavs letting Boozer go, but they have done pretty well with out him.

I still expect the Cavs to come up huge in the next 2 games, or this team maybe totally different come next season.
Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

Xbox America Sponsor
Xbox America Sponsor

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

I understand that side of the coin, but on the other side of it is the fact that his team disappears in the playoffs, who besides Shaq had over 20 points in that defeat? I mean honestly James does spoil you guys he plays at a high level 99% of the time and is a fairly large reason the Cavs have had a resurgence, to compare his legacy to Michael's is different, because as exceptional and clutch as Michael was he had great players along side him, Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant, Dennis Rodman, Steve Kerr, Bill Paxton, Toni Kukoc etc. I think Lebron took the foot off the gas to see what his teammates are made of, remember if he signs a deal with the Cavs this dude is prolly looking at 8 more years, perhaps he wanted to see the caliber of his teammates hunger and what do they do, lay a fatter egg than James could ever muster. You know what that guy did when he won his MVP he had his whole team come up and accept the award with him, he's taken a bunch of bench warmers on any other playoff squad and carried them on more than one occasion, let's not forget Lebron basically single handedly beating the Detriot Pistons 2 years ago, its funny how quickly people forget. I cannot stress enough how poor of a coach Mike Brown is, you have a squad young enough to feed into your gameplan, and all he does is play Lebron 38 minutes a game and pray he shoots a high percentage....their bench goes 8 deep, 8 DEEP!!! That means that 8 other guys never see the light of day, you can't build confidence and allow players rest when you don't give your bench any playing time. Don't sleep on Boston they may be old, but they have enough youth and depth in their bench to expose the Cavs main weakness everything but Lebron. :p
Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

Xbox America Sponsor
Xbox America Sponsor

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

Also I want both Evols to read this article from ESPN.com as it completely proves my point :D

Unattributed Quote:

Forget LeBron, what's wrong with Cleveland fans?
May, 12, 2010 May 1212:21PM ETEmail Print Share By Henry Abbott
Archive

David Liam Kyle/NBAE/Getty Images

The people in the front row weren't nearly as disappointing as the people missing from the rows behind.
LeBron James is 25 years old, and has played 70 playoff games in which he has averaged 29 points, eight rebounds and seven assists.

His career playoff PER is better than Michael Jordan's. Remember that Jordan's playoff PER wasn't marred by the Washington years. This is all Bulls.

Leave the "is James better than Jordan" discussion for another decade. The message is that five seasons into his playoff life, James stacks up well against the very best ever, in terms of production, defense, playoff wins and anything else you can measure or see with your eyes. He almost never has bad games.

Forgive me a detour: I remember being a kid at Blazer games in the old Memorial Coliseum. Those Clyde Drexler/Terry Porter teams inspired us fans countless times in the playoffs. Much like the Cavaliers to date, they didn't win a title, but they competed so hard and won more than enough to convince everyone that they had our best interests at heart. Now and again, if they fell far behind in a game, the fans would take a turn to lead. The team would be having its worst quarter in a month, and the faithful would rise and cheer like crazy. It was our turn to lift their spirits, after having it go the other way so many times.

Instead of questioning them, abandoning them or even hating them, fans showed a little love, like you would to a family member having a bad day.

Because, although it seems to come as a shock to many, even James has bad days. So did Jordan, Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Oscar Roberston and everybody else. So do you! And that's OK.

The "LeBacle" may soon prove to have been one of the darkest moments in Cleveland's miserable sports history.

But please, spare us the assertion that after one bad night we know James has always had a permanent flaw. It's just absurd, and amazingly some of it's coming from the faithful in Cleveland. Twitter, Internet comments, my e-mail inbox, Facebook, all are loaded to the gills with talk that he's doomed to mediocrity, psychologically deficient or was intentionally tanking.

As if those 69 playoff contests and 548 regular-season games were the aberration, and this one horrible night was the truth. As if the guy who scored 25 straight against the Pistons in a similar situation needs a lecture, from Twitter, on embracing the challenge.

Somebody should make a big list of all those people who think they now know James is a doomed player, and we'll revisit in a decade.

A couple picked, unfairly, almost at random ... this one happens to come from the comments of a tremendous Kevin Arnovitz video post about James:

ChicoEscuela: I'm a Cleveland fan who has been watching Bron play since high school. ... His legacy got tarnished last night. He should no longer be mentioned in the same sentence with MJ ever again.

And another:

RWABO8: ... he's psychologically tweaked. Whether it's last night or refusing to shake hands last year, it's like he's gone through some kind of arrested development. You wonder if he missed something about teamwork and sportsmanship by never playing college hoops. This weakness will continue to hamstring his game until he sorts it out, or until he goes to a team that doesn't need him to play as big a role. The Cavs needed a big man in the classic sense last night, not the basketball sense. And King James acted like a peasant.

Maybe Cleveland fans are just bitter about the way James has teased them in the lead-up to free agency. Maybe a lot of this commentary is fueled by Kobe Bryant fans, eager to prove theirs is the better man.

Or maybe, after watching the Cavaliers roll to a 26-8 (before last night) home playoff record through James' five playoff runs, Cleveland fans have been spoiled. Whatever the cause, people are acting rotten.

Whatever James is doing, in terms of killer mentality, pre-game routines, workout regimens, shot selection ... it has been about as effective as humans can be. If you watched his first 69 playoff games, you would have to assume that he has this playoff thing figured out.

After one bad showing, even while playing injured, fans are booing on their way to the exits? James hasn't earned a single mulligan?

Even the owner is distancing himself from the team. I know Dan Gilbert hardly bailed on his players, but in their moment of need, he reminded people that he did his part, but the players didn't. Would it have been so hard to say something like "if we have to be down 3-2, I'd rather be there with LeBron James on my side?"

I don't know what's going to happen in this series. But I know that past performance is the best indication of future results, and James' has been as good as it gets. There may be something -- an injury, fatigue, who knows -- keeping James from being himself. But there's nothing about being himself that's keeping him from winning.

Re: Re: Re: Re: 2010 NBA Playoffs
Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

Xbox America Sponsor
Xbox America Sponsor

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

3 Year Login Streak
3 Year Login Streak

This user has logged in to Xbox America every day for the past three years.

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

This Xbox America member has been featured in the Monthly Community Spotlight.

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Waffle Philanthropist
Waffle Philanthropist

This user has donated three or more games to the Waffle Order thread.

Barterer
Barterer

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

It Defines Me
It Defines Me

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

Community Player
Community Player

Miscellaneous Service
Miscellaneous Service

This user has performed some sort of miscellaneous service for Xbox America that deserves to be recognized.

Quote by Melissa Evol:

Quote by IRiSH:

Please tell me you're not blaming leBron for all their post season woes. The whole team is playing like shit from the coach on down. Danny Ferry has done an adequate job of trying to give LeBron the support he needs. If there's on person to blame it's Mike Brown. :no: LeBron is literally the only reason anyone in this state gives a shit about Cleveland Cavaliers basketball and if he leaves we'll get over it because Cleveland will always be a football town no matter how bad the Browns have been. I really want to see him stay but if he goes then I'll get over it.

To some degree, yes I do blame LeBron. He's made himself the cornerstone of the team, he's put the burden of everyone on his shoulders, then when it comes down to it, he's just sleeping through the games. He's the MVP... that's a serious title. Not only is he our lead scorer, he's the one who makes the plays and the one who is choreographing the rest of the team. Mike Brown gives him a LOT of freedom to do what he thinks is best. And then for him to come to a game that could be the Cavs last game at home this season and make THREE shots??? That's not MVP playing. And it's not ONE bad game- it's struggling against the 8th seed- and it's losing 2 at home in the 2nd round. So yes, their POST season woes are on his shoulders. Without him they probably wouldn't have made it to the post season, so him bringing them there just to leave them to drown just sucks. Just because he's the main draw for the franchise doesn't make him infalliable.

There's NO excuse for a team to blow out another team in the playoffs, win by 29, then lose 2 in a row (one by over 30 points!). Not in the playoffs, and not the number one team in the NBA. That's not a coaching problem, Mike Brown isn't coaching differently- the players are just playing TERRIBLY. They look like CRAP. And that is all of them, but especially the MVP. It's not like he's putting out these huge numbers and everyone else is failing.

You said it there. The players are playing terrible. It is a team sport and the last I checked there were names like O'Neal, Jameson and Williams on the roster as well. It was expected of LeBron to carry the team when all he had to rely on were names like Gooden, Snow, Gibson or Murray. I agree that LeBron is the leader of this team and that they are gonna feed off him but the rest of these guys are professionals too and accountability lies with the entire team when they get their asses handed to them like they have the last two games.

I believe that Mike Brown gives LeBron too much leeway and as the coach he has to be held accountable for how his team plays. If they lose this series I expect Brown to get shit-canned. LeBron just needs to worry about playing ball and let the coaches do the coaching. I wasn't insinuating that he's infallible, I was merely saying that life for Cleveland fans will go on without him if he leaves and the Cavs will still be the second or third most important show in town.

This series isn't over yet.

edited
Competition Pro
Competition Pro

This user has won three or more gamerscore competitions.

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

Silver Waffle
Silver Waffle

Golden Waffle
Golden Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 150,000 or higher.

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

It Defines Me
It Defines Me

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

after tomarrow it wont matter james and the cavs will be on vacation till next year

Deleted User

6 12412
This thread has been archived. When a thread has been inactive for an extended period of time, it becomes "archived." These threads may be viewed but may not receive new posts. If you have something to post relevant to the topic, try searching for a more recent thread or create a new thread.