Home Login Sign Up Forums News Articles Leaderboards Members Search
Welcome! Sign up to remove the advertisements.

Options:
Archived: Fallout 4 San Francisco

Posted Under: Xbox 360 Games
Re: Re: Fallout 4 San Francisco
Competition Pro
Competition Pro

This user has won three or more gamerscore competitions.

Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

This user has donated $1+ to Xbox America.

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 25,000 or higher.

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 50,000 or higher.

Silver Waffle
Silver Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 100,000 or higher.

Golden Waffle
Golden Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 150,000 or higher.

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

This user has written over 1,000 posts. Rock on!

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

This Xbox America member has been featured in the Monthly Community Spotlight.

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

This user is a member of Xbox America's group on 360Voice.com.

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

This user created a thread which attracted 150 or more replies.

Sociable
Sociable

This user introduced himself or herself in the Introduce Yourself forum.

Googler
Googler

This user used the Xbox America search bar.

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

This user has posted one of his or her official Xbox America gamercards on another website.

Miscellaneous Service
Miscellaneous Service

This user has performed some sort of miscellaneous service for Xbox America that deserves to be recognized.

Quote by Melissa Evol:

Reasons I believe it's fake.

1) This is using the wrong engine, any new Bethesda game would be using their new homebuilt engine.

2) Fallout teaser trailers have a format that this doesn't follow. The music and zooming out to see an armored character, and the strict non-gameplay footage are not there.

3) Fallout NV DLC has not all been released yet

4) Bethesda has said they're working on 2 major projects right now~ Skyrim and presumably FO4, but it has been said that Skyrim is farther along, and it's not coming out until late this year.

5) Bethesda and Interplay have been fighting in court over the Fallout IP- Bethesda isn't letting Interplay develop the Fallout MMO that was supposed to be a part of the sale. Interplay is fighting to get the sale cancelled and get the rights back from Bethesda, meaning Bethesda would have the rights to make 3 games and their DLC. That means Bethesda possibly only has one more go at the FO universe... and smart money is on them dragging it out to punish the financially insolvent Interplay.

6) Bethesda has stated their desire to not revisit the original settings of Fallout.

7) After Fallout 2, San Francisco should be doing really well, thanks to you and the GECK.

8) Something coming out next year would have been announced at E3 this year.

It is true that Obsidian won't be involved in 4 (it's been announced previously) which is sad to old school FO fans (Obsidian used to be Black Rock- which is why New Vegas had more of an original FO feel than 3) since none of the people working on it will have been involved in the originals. :(

1. Very true but look at the date this trailer was released, if it a leak then it was clearly a early teaser trail, something they could easily put together on the old engine while working on the new one.

2. see 1. it could be a trailer not intended for the public thus not the same style of trailer.

3. which is why this game hasn't been officially announced (if real)

4. again why they haven't officially announced it. that would take steam out of the current game and DLC they have in the works. They definitely would announce a game at E3 when they have one coming out in november. That's like black ops 2 being confirmed for 2012 when MW 3 is coming out this year, it cold only hurt them financially.

5. The dispute isn't over, and Bethseda owns the IP. Interplay was attempting to get the rights for the MMOG. But regardless Bethseda said they weren't going past the 4th game, (maybe a spin off like new vegas after but that's probably it) anyway so that's no big deal IMO.

6. very true which is why this could be fake.

7. see 6. but you could see the aftermath of what's been going on after it being saved, and a change for the fallout universe, just a thought.

8. I don't think so at all, again it would be in bad business, some people would wait who would of bought DLC or skyrim, thus taking away sales. By announcing it after they would get sales from skyrim and the new fallout.

this is just IMO of course.

Deleted User

Re: Re: Re: Re: Fallout 4 San Francisco
Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

Xbox America Sponsor
Xbox America Sponsor

This user has donated $15+ to Xbox America.

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

Silver Waffle
Silver Waffle

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Waffle Philanthropist
Waffle Philanthropist

This user has donated three or more games to the Waffle Order thread.

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

Brain Stormer
Brain Stormer

This user thought of an idea for a new site feature which was later implemented.

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

This user has posted one of his or her official Xbox America gamercards on another website.

Quote by Melissa Evol:

I just want it to be out NOOOOOOOW!

YES!
Competition Pro
Competition Pro

This user has won three or more gamerscore competitions.

Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

Silver Waffle
Silver Waffle

Golden Waffle
Golden Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 150,000 or higher.

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

Miscellaneous Service
Miscellaneous Service

This user has performed some sort of miscellaneous service for Xbox America that deserves to be recognized.

Quote by Melissa Evol:

Quote by The Snapple Cap:

1. Very true but look at the date this trailer was released, if it a leak then it was clearly a early teaser trail, something they could easily put together on the old engine while working on the new one.

2. see 1. it could be a trailer not intended for the public thus not the same style of trailer.

3. which is why this game hasn't been officially announced (if real)

4. again why they haven't officially announced it. that would take steam out of the current game and DLC they have in the works. They definitely would announce a game at E3 when they have one coming out in november. That's like black ops 2 being confirmed for 2012 when MW 3 is coming out this year, it cold only hurt them financially.

5. The dispute isn't over, and Bethseda owns the IP. Interplay was attempting to get the rights for the MMOG. But regardless Bethseda said they weren't going past the 4th game, (maybe a spin off like new vegas after but that's probably it) anyway so that's no big deal IMO.

6. very true which is why this could be fake.

7. see 6. but you could see the aftermath of what's been going on after it being saved, and a change for the fallout universe, just a thought.

8. I don't think so at all, again it would be in bad business, some people would wait who would of bought DLC or skyrim, thus taking away sales. By announcing it after they would get sales from skyrim and the new fallout.

this is just IMO of course.

I'd agree with a lot of it, but the engine had to have been done a while ago- Skyrim is being released in a few months, and this was "leaked" back in January. I don't know a ton about that end of games, but I think they'd probably be in testing mode at that point with skyrim?

Also, they announced Skyrim would be coming in 2010-11 sometime back before Fallout 3 was released... with over a year between releases, they're guaranteed the $ from both, I'd guess.

IDK, it's all speculation... the strongest points I put are really 6 and 7, but like I said, Fallout 3 ended up contradicting a lot of the set storyline (Enclave??? Didn't those get wiped out? ;) ) so those aren't even really guarantees.

I just want it to be out NOOOOOOOW!

skyrim wasn't officially announced until december of 2010, after both Fallout's had been release to not detract from sales. From a purely business standpoint you don't announce something coming out in the future before a product of the similar model is released, it will take away sales no matter how few or many compared to potentially doubling up.

Again I'm not saying this video is real, but I don't think it's fake for the reasons you listed is all. I hope it's real.

andd on the enclave part, after an event like what happened to the fallout series wiping out an enemy in side of the country doesn't mean they are gone on the other! lol
Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

Xbox America Sponsor
Xbox America Sponsor

This user has donated $15+ to Xbox America.

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

3 Year Login Streak
3 Year Login Streak

This user has logged in to Xbox America every day for the past three years.

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Waffle Philanthropist
Waffle Philanthropist

This user has donated three or more games to the Waffle Order thread.

Barterer
Barterer

This user has completed 3 or more game trades and is in good trading standing.

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

It Defines Me
It Defines Me

This user mentioned Xbox America in his Xbox Live biography.

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

Community Player
Community Player

This gamer participated in Xbox America's Xbox.com Community Playdate.

Miscellaneous Service
Miscellaneous Service

Quote by Melissa Evol:

Quote by Mo the Surfer:

Have you ever been to France or Italy? Foq them!!! I would be the same game as Fallout 3, unless they went to Monaco. ( I have been there, too.) THAT would more like San Francisco. :nerd:

LOL I want a midwest game. Screw the west coast, they've had enough! Time for a wasteland version of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa and Illinois! :p

I think we already got the closest thing we'll get there with The Pitt DLC. I think they should take it overseas somewhere. I think a Fallout UK would be great if they were to use say London, Dublin or Belfast and Glasgow or Edinburgh.

Deleted User

Re: Fallout 4 San Francisco
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

The video is deff Fake, but I am a huge Bethesda Softworks fan, So i have high hopes that they will continue the Fallout saga, and they probubly wouldnt use the old engine they would most likely use the Creation Engine that there using for Skyrim. and that right there would tell you that the video is fake because that looks like the engine used for Fallout 3.

But i Still have high hopes for it.
3 15376
This thread has been archived. When a thread has been inactive for an extended period of time, it becomes "archived." These threads may be viewed but may not receive new posts. If you have something to post relevant to the topic, try searching for a more recent thread or create a new thread.