Home Login Sign Up Forums News Articles Leaderboards Members Search
Welcome! Sign up to remove the advertisements.

Options:
Archived: Xbox 360 HD-DVD to get a $20 price drop

Posted Under: Xbox News
Xbox 360 HD-DVD to get a $20 price drop
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 25,000 or higher.

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

This user has written over 1,000 posts. Rock on!

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

This Xbox America member has been featured in the Monthly Community Spotlight.

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

This user is a member of Xbox America's group on 360Voice.com.

Ron Burgundy
Ron Burgundy

This user has written 10+ published Xbox America news articles.

Brain Stormer
Brain Stormer

This user thought of an idea for a new site feature which was later implemented.

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

This user has posted one of his or her official Xbox America gamercards on another website.

Leaderboard Champion
Leaderboard Champion

This user has held 1st place on the Xbox America gamerscore leaderboard.

On August 1st, the Xbox 360 HD-DVD will drop by $20 at retail stores. In addition, a promotion will roll out that allows anyone that purchases a HD-DVD player from August 1st to September 31st to receive 5 free HD-DVDs by mail-in offer. Also announced was that "300" and "Heroes: Season 1" will be launched in HD on Xbox Live Video Marketplace on August, with a slew of downloadable content also available. See the release below for full-details.

Xbox 360 HD DVD Player Moves to $179, Adds Five Free HD DVDs

Xbox LIVE to promote HD DVD versions of 300 and Heroes: Season 1.

SAN DIEGO July 26, 2007 Today at Comic-Con International 2007, Microsoft Corp. announced it will lower the price of the popular Xbox 360 HD DVD Player from $199 to $179 ERP (United States only) starting Aug. 1, 2007, and will add five free HD DVD movies for anyone purchasing an Xbox 360 HD DVD Player between Aug. 1 and Sept. 30. In addition, Microsoft further solidified the Xbox 360 as the ultimate high-definition (HD) entertainment platform, with key announcements around the HD DVD launches of 300 from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group and Heroes: Season 1 from Universal Studios.

To promote the HD DVD versions of 300 and Heroes: Season 1, Microsoft unveiled exclusive content for Xbox LIVE Marketplace. Xbox LIVE will offer 300 on demand in HD starting Aug. 14, and is working with Warner Bros. at Comic-Con on a Bringing It Home campaign featuring 300 and other Warner Bros. properties. In advance of the street date for the Heroes: Season 1 HD DVD boxed set, Xbox LIVE members will be able to download for free the shows pilot episode in high definition for a limited time. Members will also be able to download trailers, teaser scenes and other promotional materials highlighting the Heroes: Season 1 boxed set on HD DVD.

Already the most affordable high-definition player available, the Xbox 360 HD DVD Player is the best solution for movie lovers seeking HD content in the highest possible resolution. The players price reduction to $179 (U.S. ERP) continues to set the bar for value, making the Xbox 360 platform the most affordable solution for consumers seeking the broadest, most compelling selection of next-generation gaming and HD video experiences.

With the price reduction to $179, the Xbox 360 HD DVD Player continues to be the most affordable way to enjoy high definition, said Jeff Bell, corporate vice president of Global Marketing, Interactive Entertainment Business, Entertainment and Devices Division at Microsoft. From the beginning, we set out to offer Xbox 360 owners an unrivaled high-definition experience, with a choice of optical discs on the HD DVD format and digital downloads through Xbox LIVE Marketplace both of which have a selection of the best content Hollywood has to offer. Todays announcements around 300 and Heroes: Season 1 are great examples of how we believe HD content can be offered to consumers.

In addition to the price drop, Microsoft is extending Toshibas highly successful Perfect Offer of five free HD DVD discs to Xbox 360 consumers. Previously exclusive to Toshiba HD DVD Players, with the purchase of an Xbox 360 HD DVD Player at the new low price of $179 ERP, consumers can choose five HD DVD titles for free from a selection of 15 popular titles through a mail-in offer. With a retail value of over $140 (U.S.), this promotion makes the Xbox 360 HD DVD Player one of the most compelling offerings for consumers looking to make the leap into HD this holiday season.

Re: Xbox 360 HD-DVD to get a $20 price drop
Xbox America Staff
Xbox America Staff

This is a staff member of Xbox America

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Ron Burgundy
Ron Burgundy

This user has written 10+ published Xbox America news articles.

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

This user created a thread which attracted 150 or more replies.

Representin'
Representin'

This user has given Xbox America some love in his Xbox Live motto.

It Defines Me
It Defines Me

This user mentioned Xbox America in his Xbox Live biography.

Sociable
Sociable

This user introduced himself or herself in the Introduce Yourself forum.

Googler
Googler

This user used the Xbox America search bar.

Community Player
Community Player

This gamer participated in Xbox America's Xbox.com Community Playdate.

$20 off a $200 price doesn't seem like much to me, but I'll admit that the mail-in offer is nice. Still, I think it'll be a long time before I move on to either of the high def formats. The upgrade to either is so expensive just for a better picture.
1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Representin'
Representin'

This user has given Xbox America some love in his Xbox Live motto.

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

This user has posted one of his or her official Xbox America gamercards on another website.

Beta Tester
Beta Tester

This user has participated in a Xbox America beta test.

$50 off would have been more like it, but I'm not complaining. 300 in HD should be wicked.
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

sold
Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

This user has donated $1+ to Xbox America.

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Man...after watching movies like king kong in HD on my digital cable, I think its time I get one! I want rock band too though damnit!
1 2504
This thread has been archived. When a thread has been inactive for an extended period of time, it becomes "archived." These threads may be viewed but may not receive new posts. If you have something to post relevant to the topic, try searching for a more recent thread or create a new thread.