Home Login Sign Up Forums News Articles Leaderboards Members Search
Welcome! Sign up to remove the advertisements.

Options:
Archived: Xbox 360 Dash Update and more

Posted Under: Xbox News
Xbox 360 Dash Update and more
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 25,000 or higher.

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

This user has written over 1,000 posts. Rock on!

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

This Xbox America member has been featured in the Monthly Community Spotlight.

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

This user is a member of Xbox America's group on 360Voice.com.

Ron Burgundy
Ron Burgundy

This user has written 10+ published Xbox America news articles.

Brain Stormer
Brain Stormer

This user thought of an idea for a new site feature which was later implemented.

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

This user has posted one of his or her official Xbox America gamercards on another website.

Leaderboard Champion
Leaderboard Champion

This user has held 1st place on the Xbox America gamerscore leaderboard.

Microsoft announced last night a whole slew of goodies for the Xbox 360 over the next few months. besides the normal Spring dash update, also announced was an add-on text-input device to allow easier use with MSN Messaging (included in the update) as well as normal chat and code redeeming. As for the update itself, it will be available starting the week of May 9th and include four major components, Messenger Integration, Text Input Device support, New Achievement pop-ups and a Marketplace Blade. Attached is all the info from the release as well as screenshots. Check out all the info at Xbox.com.

Quick synopsis of the four main updates:

Messenger Integration: This will let you see all the contacts on your Messenger Friends List on your Xbox 360 (and vice versa) and send them messages from your Xbox. All the usual 'appear offline' etc options will also be included, so you can keep a low profile if you just want to get on with some uninterrupted gaming.
Text Input Device: Still working without an official name, this nifty little piece of kit will make it easier to type and send messages through your Xbox without using a USB keyboard. Still haven't seen this, so I'll try to get more info on it soon.
New Achievement Pop-Ups: Now this is cool - instead of having to tap the Guide button every time you unlock an Achievement to see what you've won, the new Achievement Unlocked pop-up will give you the name of the Achievement and how many points you've earned. Simple, but brilliant.
Marketplace Blade: Yup, Marketplace is finally getting the presence it deserves on the Dashboard. The new Marketplace Blade will make it easier and quicker to find the content you need.

+++++++++++++++
Other New Features
Beyond Windows Live Messenger, the Spring Update for Xbox 360 includes hundreds of new features and enhancements including:

The Spring Update is free beginning the week of May 7 and will be easily accessible to every Xbox 360 owner through Xbox Live or on Xbox.com.

You may not even notice all the new features, but they are all designed to enhance your Xbox Live experience. Some of the other features in this upgrade include:
Attachments
Xbox-360-Dash-Update-and-more.jpg15084
Xbox-360-Dash-Update-and-more(1).jpg150116
Xbox-360-Dash-Update-and-more(2).jpg150113
Xbox-360-Dash-Update-and-more(3).jpg15084
Xbox-360-Dash-Update-and-more(4).jpg150116
Re: Xbox 360 Dash Update and more
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Ron Burgundy
Ron Burgundy

Brain Stormer
Brain Stormer

This user thought of an idea for a new site feature which was later implemented.

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

This user has posted one of his or her official Xbox America gamercards on another website.

Leaderboard Champion
Leaderboard Champion

Hot Damn! I like that unit, now if they will sell it for less than $79.99 I would get REAL excited about it.
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

Sociable
Sociable

This user introduced himself or herself in the Introduce Yourself forum.

Googler
Googler

This user used the Xbox America search bar.

I'm not sure that will ergonomically feel good to grip on to. I am not at home to see how I hold the controller, but I thought my little fingers wrapped around the handle grips?
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Ron Burgundy
Ron Burgundy

Brain Stormer
Brain Stormer

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

Leaderboard Champion
Leaderboard Champion

I liken it to the headest, you pop it in when you need it and take it off when you don't.
1 1939
This thread has been archived. When a thread has been inactive for an extended period of time, it becomes "archived." These threads may be viewed but may not receive new posts. If you have something to post relevant to the topic, try searching for a more recent thread or create a new thread.