Home Login Sign Up Forums News Articles Leaderboards Members Search
Welcome! Sign up to remove the advertisements.

Options:
Archived: R.I.P. #3

Posted Under: 360 Talk
Re: R.I.P. #3
Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

This user has donated $1+ to Xbox America.

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 25,000 or higher.

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 50,000 or higher.

Sociable
Sociable

This user introduced himself or herself in the Introduce Yourself forum.

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

This user has posted one of his or her official Xbox America gamercards on another website.

Quote by PSORaine:

Ha ha ha that's really funny! Wonder why heating it up would fix it??? When mine was gone, it was just E74- never worked again. Maybe something is just loose?

You'd probably get more if you sold in on ebay saying what happened and selling it as is- stating it's currently working than what you would get trading it in...

****Edit**** also something to think about- when I traded in my first 360 gamestop gave me $80. If you can't afford $100 to fix it, you wouldn't be able to afford the money to make up the difference between the new one and what you got trading in the old...

I could afford to fix it, but it seems that after they do fix it, it breaks within a year. I still have the same xbox that I got at launch date, and it has broke 3 times now. They simply fix it so that it works, and a year later it breaks. Everytime they sent it back after repairs it was louder and louder, the disc drive would get stuck, or it would freeze a bunch during game play. Instead of giving them $100 bucks to fix it for a year I went out and bought an Elite, hoping that she will last a bit longer. Plus I was almost maxed out on GB so the 120GB hard drive was an extra incentive.

I called Gamestop and they said they would give me $120 for the system and 20gb hard drive. I would sell it on ebay but I would feel bad if it broke within a week of them receiving it. If I trade it to Gamestop they can deal with the angry customer whose used xbox broke within a week.

I'm going to keep her for another week or so and see if she has any problems. If she is working after a week i may decide to sell her on ebay or trade it in.
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

This user used the Xbox America search bar.

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

This user has posted one of his or her official Xbox America gamercards on another website.

That bites especially after you got GTAIV.
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 50,000 or higher.

Sociable
Sociable

Well I had the same thing happen. i wasn't about to shell out more $$$$ to M$ for fixing it, and I did that same thing. I wrapped it up all warm and fuzzy until it was shinning nice and RROD. :D
Mine also started working again after that for whatever reason. So i ended up running for a couple more weeks, and also had to "cook" it a couple more times to keep it going while I pulled the money together to buy a Arcade unit. I then called them, got the coffin etc... etc..
I will not be without a backup from now on. i put the 3 yr warranty from the store onto the new one I bought, and once I got hte old one back I put the new one back in the box until I need it again.
2 4611
This thread has been archived. When a thread has been inactive for an extended period of time, it becomes "archived." These threads may be viewed but may not receive new posts. If you have something to post relevant to the topic, try searching for a more recent thread or create a new thread.