Home Login Sign Up Forums News Articles Leaderboards Members Search
Welcome! Sign up to remove the advertisements.

Options:
Archived: GoW Patch Tomorrow (1/9)

Posted Under: 360 Talk
GoW Patch Tomorrow
Xbox America Staff
Xbox America Staff

This is a staff member of Xbox America

Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

This user has donated $1+ to Xbox America.

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 25,000 or higher.

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 50,000 or higher.

Silver Waffle
Silver Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 100,000 or higher.

Golden Waffle
Golden Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 150,000 or higher.

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

This user has written over 1,000 posts. Rock on!

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

This Xbox America member has been featured in the Monthly Community Spotlight.

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

This user is a member of Xbox America's group on 360Voice.com.

Ron Burgundy
Ron Burgundy

This user has written 10+ published Xbox America news articles.

Brain Stormer
Brain Stormer

This user thought of an idea for a new site feature which was later implemented.

Sociable
Sociable

This user introduced himself or herself in the Introduce Yourself forum.

Googler
Googler

This user used the Xbox America search bar.

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

This user has posted one of his or her official Xbox America gamercards on another website.

I just submitted this as a news article, but I wanted to hear the other members opinions about the long-awaited multiplayer patch, whose fixes include:

Fixed aspect ratio distortion when using VGA cable with 4:3 displays at resolutions higher than 640x480
Fixed voice issue with new players joining Player Match games in progress
Players can now get the Achievement for "Dish Best Served Cold" when using Troika turret to kill RAAM
Fixed rare situation where host could loop countdown and never start match
Fixed rare situation where players could get stuck after chainsawing in multiplayer
Reduced Grenade Tag melee distance
Enabled Strict NAT check on host to prevent possible connection issues
Optimized server browser queries to return results more quickly and prevent scroll bars from hiding quality of service icons
Reduced number of possible revives in Execution to match Warzone
Removed host name from Ranked match server browser
Disabled security cameras in Ranked matches
Ranked matches now require balanced teams (3v3 or 4v4)
Increased penalty for quitting a Ranked match to -50 points
Added additional cheat detection code
Additional housekeeping updates

Some updates seem really nice, like the fixed voice issue, and the reduced grenade tag, but others like the removed host name from ranked browser, that's just stupid! I don't understand why Epic will not listen to their fans and allow invites to ranked matches. I cannot stand jumping into a random game where people either don't have mics, don't talk, don't work together, and steal kills. This is a team-based game, and you can't play with your friends? Yeah, I would play player matches, but I can't get achievements that way, and way too many people just up and quit. You start a 4v4 player match, and by the second round its 3v1 half the time. I don't know, I may just grab the few achievements I need from GoW and move on. Anyone up for Lost Planet? Lol!
Re: GoW Patch Tomorrow
Leaderboard Champion
Leaderboard Champion

This user has held 1st place on the Xbox America gamerscore leaderboard.

Quote by Hektic Juggalo:

I just submitted this as a news article, but I wanted to hear the other members opinions about the long-awaited multiplayer patch, whose fixes include:

Fixed aspect ratio distortion when using VGA cable with 4:3 displays at resolutions higher than 640x480
Fixed voice issue with new players joining Player Match games in progress
Players can now get the Achievement for "Dish Best Served Cold" when using Troika turret to kill RAAM
Fixed rare situation where host could loop countdown and never start match
Fixed rare situation where players could get stuck after chainsawing in multiplayer
Reduced Grenade Tag melee distance
Enabled Strict NAT check on host to prevent possible connection issues
Optimized server browser queries to return results more quickly and prevent scroll bars from hiding quality of service icons
Reduced number of possible revives in Execution to match Warzone
Removed host name from Ranked match server browser
Disabled security cameras in Ranked matches
Ranked matches now require balanced teams (3v3 or 4v4)
Increased penalty for quitting a Ranked match to -50 points
Added additional cheat detection code
Additional housekeeping updates

Some updates seem really nice, like the fixed voice issue, and the reduced grenade tag, but others like the removed host name from ranked browser, that's just stupid! I don't understand why Epic will not listen to their fans and allow invites to ranked matches. I cannot stand jumping into a random game where people either don't have mics, don't talk, don't work together, and steal kills. This is a team-based game, and you can't play with your friends? Yeah, I would play player matches, but I can't get achievements that way, and way too many people just up and quit. You start a 4v4 player match, and by the second round its 3v1 half the time. I don't know, I may just grab the few achievements I need from GoW and move on. Anyone up for Lost Planet? Lol!

they are trying to make it so you earn the achievements instead of boosting them.
Xbox America Staff
Xbox America Staff

Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

Silver Waffle
Silver Waffle

Golden Waffle
Golden Waffle

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Ron Burgundy
Ron Burgundy

Brain Stormer
Brain Stormer

This user thought of an idea for a new site feature which was later implemented.

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

This user has posted one of his or her official Xbox America gamercards on another website.

Quote by hogowner:

they are trying to make it so you earn the achievements instead of boosting them.

I've never boosted for my achievements, I've gotten them all legitimately, my real complaint is being paired up randomly with people that don't like to play as a team in a team-based game. I got thrown into a match yesterday, none of my team talked to one-another, whether they had mics or not, and none of them would stick together. I can't stand that crap, if you're not going to play like a team, you're going to lose. 4 mediocre players playing as a team will take 1 really good player.
GoW 'patch'
Sociable
Sociable

Quote by Hektic Juggalo:

I've never boosted for my achievements, I've gotten them all legitimately, my real complaint is being paired up randomly with people that don't like to play as a team in a team-based game. I got thrown into a match yesterday, none of my team talked to one-another, whether they had mics or not, and none of them would stick together. I can't stand that crap, if you're not going to play like a team, you're going to lose. 4 mediocre players playing as a team will take 1 really good player.

I agree with everything you're saying. Playing Ranked with Random players is something I refuse to do, for all the reasons you mentioned, plus what's the fun of playing this game, if it is not being played with (against) friends? Removing the Host name from Rank really is stupid, and I think it will have the negative effect of pushing a lot of players away from GoW and back to Halo 2, or over to Lost Planet.

I already have all of my achievements on this game (all earned legitimately), except for "Seriously...", so I don't need to play Ranked, but I like to play Ranked with my friends against players on Ranked matches, 'coz they are generally better competition than the players you normally get on Player Match games.

Epic and M$ are taking the online multiplayer in a direction completely opposite to what most players wanted them to take it; we all wanted clan features, or at least to be able to have a party, or invite players in Ranked, alas we get none of this. <sigh>

Bungie's Halo 3 Muliplayer Lead (I can't recall his name) stated that he believed Halo 2 would regain the number one Xbox Live game spot back from GoW, I guess he knew of the negative effects this GoW 'patch' would have on GoW. A Sad day to be sure.

Oh well, at least we get two new maps.
I hate how now it has to be 4vs4 or 3vs3 because I would play with my friends against 4 people so it would be 3vs4 giving them the advantage so they didnt quit when they would lose 12-0
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Sociable
Sociable

Man, You bumpred this up and got me all excited for a new patch coming out tomorrow, lmao

The only way that I would like to see 4v3 implimented is if each person on each team had to agree with it. Like, when start is pressed, a prompt will tell all players to agree to the uneven match. If they don't answer within x seconds, then they automatically decline.
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

This user created a thread which attracted 150 or more replies.

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

Beta Tester
Beta Tester

This user has participated in a Xbox America beta test.

Quote by FrothyOmen:

Man, You bumpred this up and got me all excited for a new patch coming out tomorrow, lmao

The only way that I would like to see 4v3 implimented is if each person on each team had to agree with it. Like, when start is pressed, a prompt will tell all players to agree to the uneven match. If they don't answer within x seconds, then they automatically decline.

lol all of what he said goes for me to.
Re: GoW Patch Tomorrow (1/9)
hey does any1 here know how to fix the "Strict" NAT new update because i cant host matchs for any game now, not even player matches. ? . can any1 help .?
Xbox America Staff
Xbox America Staff

Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

Silver Waffle
Silver Waffle

Golden Waffle
Golden Waffle

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Ron Burgundy
Ron Burgundy

Brain Stormer
Brain Stormer

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

It doesn't matter what type of match you're trying to host (Player or Ranked), as GoW checks to see if your Network Address Translation (NAT) is set to strict, and if it is it denies you the ability to host a match. There's no way to get around that, but here's a tutorial I found on how to change your router's settings to obtain an open NAT status, which will allow you to connect with everyone and let everyone connect with you:

"Everyone wants or should try to be OPEN (so you can connect to anyones games and you can host games and other people will see you and connect to you)

SO go to your XBOX 360 dashboard and move over to System then Connection settings. Wait for the test to finish then look at what your NAT tells you (remember OPEN, STRICT, or MODERATE) then click on more details and it will give you a brief explanation on what NAT is.

1. Lets say you have a STRICT connection and you are hosting a game (ex. Call of Duty 2) you will only be able to hear people that have STICT or MODERATE NAT's. If you had an OPEN NAT then it would never matter who connected when you hosted. If you want to know more about NAT go to your XBOX 360 dashboard and move over to System then Connection settings. Wait for the test to finish then look at what your NAT tells you (remember OPEN, STRICT, or MODERATE) then click on more details and it will give you a brief explanation on what NAT is.

IF YOU DONT HAVE A MICROSOFT CERTIFIED ROUTER OR GATEWAY! (and to get an desirable OPEN NAT)

1. The first thing you must do is make sure that UPnP is enabled. This stands for Universal Plug and Play (used for gaming the most)

2. Since you dont have a Microsoft certified router or gateway you need to go to the Port forwarding option and make sure the following setting are in.

UDP 88

UDP 3074

TCP 3074

This will make sure you router (In my case) has all ports open when connecting to Xbox 360 live so that you get an OPEN NAT. Just an FYI I am using a Linksys WRT54gx version 2 router (Not Cert. by Microsoft)

HERE IS WHAT NAT LOOKS LIKE IN A NUT SHELL.

To make this easy for everyone, weve created a chart for your use.

To Open
To Moderate
To Strict

From Open
Yes
Yes
Yes

From Moderate
Yes
Yes
No

From Strict
Yes
No
No

Suppose you want to host an Xbox Live game and youre using a router thats classified as open. Armed with that information and using the chart above, you can be confident that your routers NAT type will not keep your friends (who may also be using routers) from finding your session, hearing your voice, and enjoying a great game.

But lets say youre behind a router thats a strict NAT. When you want to host a game, you now have something to consider. Anyone else whos behind a router that uses a moderate or strict NAT may not be able to connect to your session.

Lets look at one final example going the other direction: you joining someone elses game. Will you be able to participate fully with everyone in the game? If you have a moderate NAT on your home network, you can get an idea of what may happen by looking at the chart. If the players you want to play with are using strict NATs, you will likely experience problems. You may not be able to hear them and they may not be able to hear you. You may not be able to see those players at all.

Note NATs dont affect lag; this is all about connecting to other players!"
thanks man now i know how to fix it . :)
hey do u know how to get to the port forwarding option?
1 1224
This thread has been archived. When a thread has been inactive for an extended period of time, it becomes "archived." These threads may be viewed but may not receive new posts. If you have something to post relevant to the topic, try searching for a more recent thread or create a new thread.