Home Login Sign Up Forums News Articles Leaderboards Members Search
Welcome! Sign up to remove the advertisements.

Options:
Archived: Future Halo 2 Tourn.

Future Halo 2 Tourn.
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 25,000 or higher.

Sociable
Sociable

This user introduced himself or herself in the Introduce Yourself forum.

i know imma noobie around here and all but i just looked at the archive of the halo 2 tournament..i understand its not my place to give orders and that is the last thing im doing here by any means...this is the suggestion forum and well im here to give my suggestion/input...anyways here it goes

by the looks of it the halo 2 tournament was successful as far as regulating it goes but as an AGP halo 1 tournament finalist and a MLG enthusiast (not saying the MLG gametypes are amazing..just the way they run the tournaments) i think that the settings you guys played were...well a bit..lame? to put it nicely...acsension was a good map choice for FFA but waterworks? zanzibar is alright too but the time limit was absurdly long...well now its time for some positive criticizism! lol

in the future i think (as far as FFA tournaments go) it should be the first person to 25 or 50 gets first place obviously and their points and who ever gets 2nd 3rd 4th etc gets their points respectively also..the maps for FFA should be small not amazingly big like waterworks...ivory tower, turf, warlock, ascension, etc those are the maps you should play FFA

the max. people in a FFA should be 10...12 if u wanna push it a little bit but at any rate these are just loose idea's and i dont wanna preach to the choir anymore than i have so if people would like to hear more of my suggestions you guys will ask :) other than that i would really like to play a role in future tournaments as far as competing AND organizing the tournament...

and for the heck of it ill throw in a poll for people who think im HEADED in the right direction with my ideas..
~A F 1 G 3~

::EDIT:: eh so i kinda rigged the poll with the option of YES only...i run a dictatorship..haha jk i cant edit the poll and i messed up soo zoboa please edit the poll so the options are Yes No and Eh, sorta
Re: Future Halo 2 Tourn.
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

This user has written over 1,000 posts. Rock on!

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

This Xbox America member has been featured in the Monthly Community Spotlight.

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

This user is a member of Xbox America's group on 360Voice.com.

Ron Burgundy
Ron Burgundy

This user has written 10+ published Xbox America news articles.

Brain Stormer
Brain Stormer

This user thought of an idea for a new site feature which was later implemented.

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

This user has posted one of his or her official Xbox America gamercards on another website.

Leaderboard Champion
Leaderboard Champion

This user has held 1st place on the Xbox America gamerscore leaderboard.

Yup, I put it together and knew they sucked when we did it, and a lot of that was on purpose. The intent was to throw people out of their comfort zone by making them play on the bigger (and less popular) maps with the longer time frame. Because of the bigger maps, the thinking was kills were expected to take longer, so we put in the lengthy time limits so that there were ample chances for anyone to make a move or catch up.

The tournament had a lot of no-shows at the last minute and it was also impacted by the huge Roadrunner outage in Ohio that weekend. In fact, the way we played didn't match up with most of the rules we had in place. The maps and times were accurate, but we winged the rest.

As far as what and why we did it, it was more an experiment than anything. At the time Xbox Ohio was a site pigeon holed to Ohio 360 players with about 12 really active members. Knowing that we were about to evolve the site into its current state, I wanted to see how a tourney would work. We learned a lot to put it mildly. In addition, as we continue to add people like you, Hecktic and Breaker that are very active contributors, we will get more input (ALWAYS encouraged, we are very much a community driven site) to make things better for everyone.

Z
Xbox America Staff
Xbox America Staff

This is a staff member of Xbox America

Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

This user has donated $1+ to Xbox America.

Xbox America Sponsor
Xbox America Sponsor

This user has donated $15+ to Xbox America.

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Ron Burgundy
Ron Burgundy

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

This user created a thread which attracted 150 or more replies.

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

This user used the Xbox America search bar.

Beta Tester
Beta Tester

This user has participated in a Xbox America beta test.

believe me, i had a fit about waterworks but it was just to have fun because no one showed up and to get out of the comfort zone.. good suggestions though, i hope we have another halo 2 tourney again
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

This user has posted one of his or her official Xbox America gamercards on another website.

Beta Tester
Beta Tester

This user has participated in a Xbox America beta test.

yes I like your ideas and a new halo2 tournament would be fun! maybe a 2 vs. 2 halo tournament :)
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Sociable
Sociable

ah! thanks guys ill hold off on the other ideas suggestions and what-not because well for one i dont wanna take away focus on the GoW tourny and two we can just wait til the next (if there is a next) H2 tournament and see how everything plays out...but i see where ur comin from Z and i shoulda realized that it was still a small community/site by looking at the ladder in the archieve..but in better news i played texas hold 'em today and a solid 30min of gears without any migrane attacks! haha altho i did wear sunglasses to take away from the light sensitivity :cool: i shuld b better by friday so i look forward to seeing u guys on live then!
Xbox America Staff
Xbox America Staff

This is a staff member of Xbox America

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

This Xbox America member has been featured in the Monthly Community Spotlight.

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Ron Burgundy
Ron Burgundy

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

Representin'
Representin'

This user has given Xbox America some love in his Xbox Live motto.

It Defines Me
It Defines Me

This user mentioned Xbox America in his Xbox Live biography.

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Community Player
Community Player

This gamer participated in Xbox America's Xbox.com Community Playdate.

Yea, it was a first tournament and an experiment. Our tournaments should get more and more organized as we go.
1 1087
This thread has been archived. When a thread has been inactive for an extended period of time, it becomes "archived." These threads may be viewed but may not receive new posts. If you have something to post relevant to the topic, try searching for a more recent thread or create a new thread.