Home Login Sign Up Forums News Articles Leaderboards Members Search
Welcome! Sign up to remove the advertisements.

Options:
Archived: quality of the 360

Posted Under: 360 Talk

Deleted User

Re: quality of the 360
Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

This user has donated $1+ to Xbox America.

Xbox America Sponsor
Xbox America Sponsor

This user has donated $15+ to Xbox America.

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 25,000 or higher.

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 50,000 or higher.

Silver Waffle
Silver Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 100,000 or higher.

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

This user has written over 1,000 posts. Rock on!

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

This Xbox America member has been featured in the Monthly Community Spotlight.

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

This user is a member of Xbox America's group on 360Voice.com.

Waffle Philanthropist
Waffle Philanthropist

This user has donated three or more games to the Waffle Order thread.

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

This user created a thread which attracted 150 or more replies.

Brain Stormer
Brain Stormer

This user thought of an idea for a new site feature which was later implemented.

Sociable
Sociable

This user introduced himself or herself in the Introduce Yourself forum.

Googler
Googler

This user used the Xbox America search bar.

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

This user has posted one of his or her official Xbox America gamercards on another website.

you just keep throwing up random threads huh?
Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

Xbox America Sponsor
Xbox America Sponsor

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

This user has posted one of his or her official Xbox America gamercards on another website.

Beta Tester
Beta Tester

This user has participated in a Xbox America beta test.

Quote by kiddcartel:

you just keep throwing up random threads huh?

I think so...

Deleted User

the quality isnt that great bc they made the xbox360 come out to soon so they can sell more than ps3 they should have waited and made it better.
Competition Pro
Competition Pro

This user has won three or more gamerscore competitions.

Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

Xbox America Sponsor
Xbox America Sponsor

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

Silver Waffle
Silver Waffle

Golden Waffle
Golden Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 150,000 or higher.

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Barterer
Barterer

This user has completed 3 or more game trades and is in good trading standing.

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

Brain Stormer
Brain Stormer

This user thought of an idea for a new site feature which was later implemented.

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

That guy just comes in and steps on toes huh? If you want to complain about 360s then go to playstationfrance.com instead no?

Deleted User

Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

Silver Waffle
Silver Waffle

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Representin'
Representin'

This user has given Xbox America some love in his Xbox Live motto.

It Defines Me
It Defines Me

This user mentioned Xbox America in his Xbox Live biography.

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

while i've had my share of 360 failures(6 rrod's in the first 14 months) microsoft has never charged me for repairs or refurbished units because they know where there issues are and i feel with the new chipset that they have improved the overall quality immensely(been gaming 30+ hours a week on the same 360 now for 15 months.....knock on wood....). i would like a ps3 in the future more for the blu ray than it's games or support(although god of war and metal gear are both games in itself to warrant a purchase) so if your post hits a nerve a little when bluntly complaining about the 360, remember where you are posting(it's in the top left corner of the screen).:mad:
Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

Sociable
Sociable

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

I hate to do this but I agree with xCRA1Gx. This has to be one of the most reoccuring threads I have ever seen.
Were talking about an investment that someone makes in electronics and with any product you expect something to work for many years. I have gone through 4 xboxs- 3 RRoD, 1 E74, and I'm a grown ass man (27) and take care of my sh$t, pay for my sh*t, and expect a quality product. You wouldnt go buy a nice HD T.V. if you knew that if you watched it over 30 hours a week you are probably gonna have to send it in for repairs, hell no. The quality of the 360 is crap, its games and online capabilities are excellent, but when someone cant enjoy those things because your xbox is broke, then what is the point?
Dont get me wrong, I love my xbox, I just get a little perturbed when talking about the quality of the xbox, we all know its crap. I have only gone through 4 xboxs and to think that some people, even on this forum, have gone through 6, 7, and 8 is just crazy. I would probably go ape sh&t if that was me.
Well that was my morning rant. Good morning everyone!!!
Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

Xbox America Sponsor
Xbox America Sponsor

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

Sociable
Sociable

As far as the rings of death we all agree this is a big flaw that seams like it can't be fixed? I've gone through 2 360's and I have all systems so my hours are low ( 5-10 hrs a week avg. ) Should be top for there fix list.

I would like a quiet machine while gaming. ( fans and disc reader )

Thats it for me. Everything else is icing on the cake.

Deleted User

Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

Sociable
Sociable

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

Quote by PSORaine:

Well first of all if someone is going through 6, 7, and 8 of them, and other people never have problems with any of them, explain to me how that's MS's fault

Well the ones who havent had any problems are pretty lucky....and yes IT IS MS fault!!!. With a failure rate estimated at around 16% (some saying as much as 33%) and if you do the math at around 14 million units sold at the end of 2007 that equals 2,240,000 broken xbox 360's. Ohh my god, your right its not MS fault, please get real!

Quote by PSORaine:

If you're going through 4 xboxes in like a 2 year period, you're putting in WAY more than 30 hours a week... You can ask anyone on my FL, I leave mine on and forget about it- it's on at least 5 hours a day most days and I'm just AWAY. That doesn't include actual gaming hours.

Once again lets do some math. I play somewhere between 2-3 hours a day, 7 days a week which equals at max 21 hours a week. But again their are some weeks I play more and some weeks I play less. I wont bother asking people on your friends list because I really dont care.

Quote by PSORaine:

We don't ALL know 360s are crap. I completely disagree. Most things you buy are made specifically so they will have to be replaced in a set time frame. From Cars to computers to electric toothbrushes. I don't consider the price of a 360 to be all that high- not high like I would expect to buy only one the whole time I play 360.

Everything needs to be taken care of and maintained, especially if the cost of a 360 is a huge price tag for you!

Okay maybe not EVERYONE thinks that 360's are crap but their are atleast 2,240,000 people who would probably agree with me.
I take care of my 360, it gets plenty of air, and is free from clutter. How old are you PSORaine (17)? Did you buy your xbox or did you buy it using birhday money? I work fulltime and go to college full time, so unfortunatly I dont always have the xtra cash laying around for a new xbox, I must actually support myself which for some reason I doubt you do.

Quote by PSORaine:

Most people repair their cars without complaining and cursing out the manufacturer

Unless of course its a newer car and something like the transmission goes out and you lose your means of transportation for the duration of the repair, then you could probably expect some complaining and cursing!

I've been here for 9 months and there have been NUMEROUS "R.I.P." threads and that is only in this small community. People like you dont understand that there is a problem, and thats because you have been fortunate enough not have any problems with yours and are blind to the obvious.

Deleted User

Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

Sociable
Sociable

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

Quote by PSORaine:

OK, I'm not really sure why this turned into a personal attack here, but I've been around a while and posted my age numerous times. I certainly don't need to justify myself to you, and at TWENTY FREAKING SEVEN I don't think "going to school full time" and barely making enough to scrape by is something to brag about. Most people "your" age are professionals.

Its called Grad School were you get your Masters Degree. I already have two degrees, a A.A.S. in Business and Marketing and B.S. in Psychology. I do have a job which is considered a profession. Since you probably don't have a college degree, or maybe not even a high school diploma, Grad school courses are mainly taught at night so us "professionals" can still have a FREAKIN job!!!!!!

With a mortgage, a car payment, and the necessities of life, I wouldnt say I'm scraping by.............. I have responsibilties!!!!! What I said is I just dont have an extra $400 or so bucks to drop on another xbox, get your sh%t straight!!!

So back to the xbox so called "problem". You stated that the majority of xbox owners have repeated broken xboxs that are refurbished and/or repaired. Once repaired would it not make sense that the same problem should not occur again within a 6-12 month period? Whether its MS 3-5 % or the numbers I found that is still a sh*t ton of broken units.

Who have I blamed for all my problems? Yeah I blame MS for a xbox that has broken a few times, so what? The whole car thing is making you look like you have a LD. If you have a car do you honestly have a plan if it breaks tomorrow? Do you plan every day around something breaking? NO. Its called life, sh*t happens, and a normal person complains, moans, gripes, etc. I believe thats what this thread was about, griping about xboxs repeated malfunctions.

Deleted User

1 4791
This thread has been archived. When a thread has been inactive for an extended period of time, it becomes "archived." These threads may be viewed but may not receive new posts. If you have something to post relevant to the topic, try searching for a more recent thread or create a new thread.