Home Login Sign Up Forums News Articles Leaderboards Members Search
Welcome! Sign up to remove the advertisements.

Options:
Archived: Broken Steel

Posted Under: Xbox 360 Games
Re: Broken Steel
Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

This user has donated $1+ to Xbox America.

Xbox America Sponsor
Xbox America Sponsor

This user has donated $15+ to Xbox America.

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 25,000 or higher.

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 50,000 or higher.

Silver Waffle
Silver Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 100,000 or higher.

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

This user has written over 1,000 posts. Rock on!

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

This Xbox America member has been featured in the Monthly Community Spotlight.

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

This user is a member of Xbox America's group on 360Voice.com.

Waffle Philanthropist
Waffle Philanthropist

This user has donated three or more games to the Waffle Order thread.

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

This user created a thread which attracted 150 or more replies.

Brain Stormer
Brain Stormer

This user thought of an idea for a new site feature which was later implemented.

Sociable
Sociable

This user introduced himself or herself in the Introduce Yourself forum.

Googler
Googler

This user used the Xbox America search bar.

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

This user has posted one of his or her official Xbox America gamercards on another website.

I think we should be grateful for the little bugs that we DO have in the game. It would take hundreds of QA employees to run through every single part of that game. At least we don't have any that totally screw up our games...at least I haven't ran into any of them yet. I have had 1 save corrupted but I have multiple saves so it didn't bother me much. I'm happy to have an occasional freeze in my game.
Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

Silver Waffle
Silver Waffle

Golden Waffle
Golden Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 150,000 or higher.

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

Head of State
Head of State

This user has one of the highest gamerscores in his or her region.

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Ron Burgundy
Ron Burgundy

This user has written 10+ published Xbox America news articles.

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

This user has posted one of his or her official Xbox America gamercards on another website.

^^ I consider the fact that I couldn't even play my game due to the bugs a total screw up to my game :laugh: I couldn't get to my mission, use VATS, or fast travel without my game completely locking up on me. I haven't even gone back to try it with the new patch yet cuz it pissed me off so bad, I'll get back to it and finally beat it eventually.

Deleted User

Re: Re: Re: Re: Broken Steel
Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

Community Player
Community Player

This gamer participated in Xbox America's Xbox.com Community Playdate.

Quote by Mudkip:

Quote by Bullets Chase:

Obsidian confirmed that they will never do a continuation DLC, like Broken Steel. But that doesnt rule out a free roam type DLC, but I'm just wondering how it'll play out in the grand scheme of things. If you pay attention to Dead Money its a precursor to whats to come, it foreshadows a confrontation with another Courier. Check out the Fallout New Vegas wiki, its really interesting.

Them not doing a continuation DLC is totally stupid. I mean its dumb for the story to just end altogether with no free roam option after.

thats what i said when i heard that...

maybe the want for mo moneyz will make them release a dlc tto continue it n such...
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Broken Steel
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Quote by Taco:

Quote by Mudkip:

Them not doing a continuation DLC is totally stupid. I mean its dumb for the story to just end altogether with no free roam option after.

maybe the want for mo moneyz will make them release a dlc tto continue it n such...

Why is it stupid? Many games have definitive endings. I understand your point from a gameplay standpoint, but look at it through a story standpoint. Your character went through this huge arch throughout the game, overcoming many obstacles, all leading up to a unique conclusion, all depending your desicions throughout the game. Seeing what happens in the narrated slideshow at the end and what happens to your companions and allies is the perfect way to end the game for me. It doesnt need to continue on from the ending, theres no need for it, also the game warns you before you get the last bit of the game, so if its a matter of getting achievements and such, theres no excuse to get annoyed by this.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Broken Steel
Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

Community Player
Community Player

Quote by Bullets Chase:

Quote by Taco:

Why is it stupid? Many games have definitive endings. I understand your point from a gameplay standpoint, but look at it through a story standpoint. Your character went through this huge arch throughout the game, overcoming many obstacles, all leading up to a unique conclusion, all depending your desicions throughout the game. Seeing what happens in the narrated slideshow at the end and what happens to your companions and allies is the perfect way to end the game for me. It doesnt need to continue on from the ending, theres no need for it, also the game warns you before you get the last bit of the game, so if its a matter of getting achievements and such, theres no excuse to get annoyed by this.

well id like to point out first i have yet to play new vegas, im just mainly commenting on things ive heard

altho i like how you point that out, bout the long travel/path, big/nice ending, slideshow, etc etc.....and yet fallout 3 had something very similar...i mean it didnt have no "oh fawkes went on to blah blah blah" or whatever, because they werent a crucial/big part of the game...but fallout 3 had something similar. big arch, unique conclusion that required a semi-tough decision....and yet, i felt that was just as stupid. storywise, i found that was an ok route to go...but i mean honestly, atleast do some sort of "oh hey heres a dream wasteland since youre dead" or something! i mean hell dead rising 2 i felt the same way! i wanted to just have a move where i could fuck around, kill zombies, and not have to worry about missions. i hate games that have a story that does that, its so pointless imo. if youre gonna do that w/ the story, then there should be a seperate free-roam mode to just fuck around in or whatever after the game, w/out having to go back through the game
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Broken Steel
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

Silver Waffle
Silver Waffle

Golden Waffle
Golden Waffle

3 Year Login Streak
3 Year Login Streak

This user has logged in to Xbox America every day for the past three years.

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

Barterer
Barterer

This user has completed 3 or more game trades and is in good trading standing.

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

Quote by Taco:

Quote by Bullets Chase:

well id like to point out first i have yet to play new vegas, im just mainly commenting on things ive heard

altho i like how you point that out, bout the long travel/path, big/nice ending, slideshow, etc etc.....and yet fallout 3 had something very similar...i mean it didnt have no "oh fawkes went on to blah blah blah" or whatever, because they werent a crucial/big part of the game...but fallout 3 had something similar. big arch, unique conclusion that required a semi-tough decision....and yet, i felt that was just as stupid. storywise, i found that was an ok route to go...but i mean honestly, atleast do some sort of "oh hey heres a dream wasteland since youre dead" or something! i mean hell dead rising 2 i felt the same way! i wanted to just have a move where i could fuck around, kill zombies, and not have to worry about missions. i hate games that have a story that does that, its so pointless imo. if youre gonna do that w/ the story, then there should be a seperate free-roam mode to just fuck around in or whatever after the game, w/out having to go back through the game

I agree. Fallout 3 was a somewhat free roam game, but once the DLC came out for Broken Steel, you had total freedom to wander and discover after everything else was done - and there was a lot to discover. If they aren't going to allow the same sort of freedom in New Vegas at some point, why bother going through all of the trouble to put all of the little details in?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Broken Steel
Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

Community Player
Community Player

Quote by Mo the Surfer:

Quote by Taco:

I agree. Fallout 3 was a somewhat free roam game, but once the DLC came out for Broken Steel, you had total freedom to wander and discover after everything else was done - and there was a lot to discover. If they aren't going to allow the same sort of freedom in New Vegas at some point, why bother going through all of the trouble to put all of the little details in?

exactly! whats the point of making this vast/awesome area to explore, if once you beat the story you cant anymore? its just stupid. besides that, idk about you guys, but in fo3 before broken steel came out, quite frankly it really pissed me off half the time to see that stupid final mission still on the pip boy -.- because everytime id finish another mission, itd auto-jump to that one, since it was story related, and it was so annoying to just have it sitting there knowing i couldnt technically complete it, even tho i had.

Deleted User

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Broken Steel
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Quote by Melissa Evol:

Quote by Bullets Chase:

First off, the word is story ARC. An arch is an architectural structure. A story arc is a continuing storyline that extends over several episodes of whatever media the story is in... TV episodes, novels, comics, games, etc. Story arcs aren't plots or just stories. They're overreaching arcs that go over a number of smaller stories, are developed and affected by the substories, and in the end shows a connection between things that previously may have seemed unconnected, and offers resolution. DLC that extends the story would actually be turning the plot of a game into a story arc.

It's hard to enjoy a game when you're playing it and you know you're going to come to a certain point that it'll just be over and you'll have to play all 60+ hours all over again to get something you missed- even if they tell you in advance. Yes, a lot of games have difinitive endings... games with LINEAR stories are fine like that. Because when the game's over it's over. This game shouldn't be over just because your part in it is. If it's not a big deal to you, that's great. But you don't have the authority to tell other people that how they feel isn't valid.

I never said how they feel about something is invalid, I'm pointing out the reasoning behind the game delevopers decision to end the game and not have it continue. No where in what I wrote told the people I was replying to that they were wrong. Don't get all high and mighty on me because you misinterpreted what I said. I do agree to a certain point that an extention of the game afterwards is nice, but in the end (for this game) whats the difference.

The reason you are warned about the point of no return is for the exact reason you gave me, that people invest 60+ hours on one character and dont what to restart the game, all you have to do as a player is not finish the game, go complete whatever is you wanted to complete before reaching the conclusion. The reason why it was a big deal in Fallout 3 is that it didnt tell you it would end indefinitely and didnt warn about the point of no return. So, players who are accustomed to Bethesda games like Elder Scrolls just assumed it wouldnt end that way.

Also, I believe that what happens in game is worthy of calling it a story arc, whether I misspell it or not. Every decision you make, big or small, every character you met and interact with, every faction you ally yourself with or make enemies with, all the sidequests, all these things affect you and the world around it, no matter if its part of the main story line or a sidequest. It all matters in the grand scheme of the game.
Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

Xbox America Sponsor
Xbox America Sponsor

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

WHY ARE WE YELLING! :confused:
Re: Re: Broken Steel
Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

Community Player
Community Player

Quote by ComMandeR SouR:

WHY ARE WE YELLING! :confused:

wat? wat are you talking about? nobody is yelling, i see no use of caps lock besides yourself O.o
Re: Re: Broken Steel
Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

Xbox America Sponsor
Xbox America Sponsor

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

Silver Waffle
Silver Waffle

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Waffle Philanthropist
Waffle Philanthropist

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

Brain Stormer
Brain Stormer

This user thought of an idea for a new site feature which was later implemented.

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

Quote by Circus:

^^ I consider the fact that I couldn't even play my game due to the bugs a total screw up to my game :laugh: I couldn't get to my mission, use VATS, or fast travel without my game completely locking up on me. I haven't even gone back to try it with the new patch yet cuz it pissed me off so bad, I'll get back to it and finally beat it eventually.

yeah, I understand that and it would piss me off as well...But like I said, I hadn't really came into contact with any bugs such as the ones you mentioned. My VATS locked up on me a couple of times, but after restarting my 360, or game, or reloading a save, it started working again...I guess I am one of the few lucky ones *knock on wood*.....lol
Re: Re: Re: Broken Steel
Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

Silver Waffle
Silver Waffle

Golden Waffle
Golden Waffle

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

Head of State
Head of State

This user has one of the highest gamerscores in his or her region.

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Ron Burgundy
Ron Burgundy

This user has written 10+ published Xbox America news articles.

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

Quote by iKidd:

Quote by Circus:

yeah, I understand that and it would piss me off as well...But like I said, I hadn't really came into contact with any bugs such as the ones you mentioned. My VATS locked up on me a couple of times, but after restarting my 360, or game, or reloading a save, it started working again...I guess I am one of the few lucky ones *knock on wood*.....lol

Next time you start your game up now you're going to hear loud carnival music erupt from your speakers then all of a sudden your console is going to laugh and burst into flames :rofl:
Re: Re: Re: Re: Broken Steel
Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

Xbox America Sponsor
Xbox America Sponsor

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

Silver Waffle
Silver Waffle

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

Waffle Philanthropist
Waffle Philanthropist

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

Brain Stormer
Brain Stormer

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

Quote by Circus:

Quote by iKidd:

Next time you start your game up now you're going to hear loud carnival music erupt from your speakers then all of a sudden your console is going to laugh and burst into flames :rofl:

thanks for that.......douche

lol
2 14414
This thread has been archived. When a thread has been inactive for an extended period of time, it becomes "archived." These threads may be viewed but may not receive new posts. If you have something to post relevant to the topic, try searching for a more recent thread or create a new thread.