Home Login Sign Up Forums News Articles Leaderboards Members Search
Welcome! Sign up to remove the advertisements.

Options:
Archived: PGR 4

Posted Under: Blogs
PGR 4
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 25,000 or higher.

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 50,000 or higher.

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

This user has written over 1,000 posts. Rock on!

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

This user is a member of Xbox America's group on 360Voice.com.

Sociable
Sociable

This user introduced himself or herself in the Introduce Yourself forum.

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

This user has posted one of his or her official Xbox America gamercards on another website.

Beta Tester
Beta Tester

This user has participated in a Xbox America beta test.

Well I finally sent it back to Gamefly yesterday.
Ive had it since sometime in February, but my 360 died twice that month. So it works out.

But anyway, writing a quick review of it.

The Gameplay is the same old as the last PGR, but the new ranking system in Career mode, make it stay interesting for a lot longer. At least in my opinion. I played through it on normal, and most of the time it seemed like it was too easy, or impossibly hard.

The music that comes with the game is just horible, I turned it off after awhile, and never turned it back on. But after I did this, I noticed how good the engines of the cars sound. It is really good to listen to.

The game also implements the use of kudos more efficiently. You now win championships based on kudos earned. You earn a varying amount of kudos based on the event, but its usually 2 or 3 thousand back to second then 2 thousand back from that down to 0. You can also earn up to 3k kudos in race, which I found helped sometimes. But with these kudos, you unlocked items by \"spending\" them. This worked alright, but by the end it got kind of annoying.

Ill admit after while the game gets a little repetitive and annoying. It really takes a lot of determination to beat the game. And I just couldnt get enough motivation to beat the arcade mode with around 50 extra races just to earn 40 GS.

Overall rating: 8 out of 10
Re: PGR 4
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

Silver Waffle
Silver Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 100,000 or higher.

Golden Waffle
Golden Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 150,000 or higher.

Sociable
Sociable

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

This user has posted one of his or her official Xbox America gamercards on another website.

I actually made it thru the game in single player career. What annoys me the most is you can not select any car you want to complete the arcade challenges. (unlike PGR3) Finishing arcade on platinum is near impossible for me due to this. (I did manage to get gold tho).

Some of the arcade challenges are easy on platinum and some are near impossible. At least in PGR3 all the platinum challeges were equally hard.

The bikes are lame & the music even worse. That was the first thing I changed.

I rate 7/10
Re: PGR 4
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

This user has written over 1,000 posts. Rock on!

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

This user is a member of Xbox America's group on 360Voice.com.

Sociable
Sociable

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

Beta Tester
Beta Tester

This user has participated in a Xbox America beta test.

the bikes were actually better then the cars in my opinion.
im more for handling which is what the bikes had.
especially that bike with the jet engine on it.
1 4606
This thread has been archived. When a thread has been inactive for an extended period of time, it becomes "archived." These threads may be viewed but may not receive new posts. If you have something to post relevant to the topic, try searching for a more recent thread or create a new thread.