One of the products I was most looking forward to at CES 2008 resided at the Sharp USA booth. The new Sharp Aquos GP3 Gaming line of LCD televisions had caught my eye when we had received and published the PR on it in December.

The GP3 line has the gamers best interests at heart, with several design elements that enhance all aspects of the gaming experience. Right of the bat is the inputs for the game console. They are located on the side, and include not only Composite, but Component and HDMI for HD. There is a Game Mode button on the remote, which gives quick access to these side-inputs. The coolest feature of these sets is the Vyper Drive which reduces the lag time between the game console and the input. I played a couple of the titles and the response from the wired Xbox 360controller was top notch. If the side-inputs arent your preferred hook up point, then the Vyper Drive and Game Mode can be assigned to rear inputs.

The rest of the GP3 measurables are also quite good, with full 1080p resolution supporting up to 1920 x 1080 at 24 fps. It also has 10,000:1 contrast ration, a suggested 60,000 hour life and a subwoofer output. Did I mention they come in White, Black and Wine Red? They are as attractive off as they are turned on.

Another thing that caught my eye at the Sharp booth was a 108 LCD television at the entrance. Up until now, Plasmas were the predominate televisions that had beat the 100 barrier, so it was very cool to see LCD get up there as well. Of course it still isnt practical or even remotely close to becoming retail ready, but I was still impressed.

Check some photos from the Sharp booth in the Article:
Attachments
CES-2008-Sharp-Booth-Tour.jpg150113
CES-2008-Sharp-Booth-Tour(1).jpg150113
CES-2008-Sharp-Booth-Tour(2).jpg113150
CES-2008-Sharp-Booth-Tour(3).jpg150113
CES-2008-Sharp-Booth-Tour(4).jpg150113