Home Login Sign Up Forums News Articles Leaderboards Members Search
Welcome! Sign up to remove the advertisements.

Prototype 2 Pre Order Bonuses Abound

News | March 15, 2012 8:47 am
Alright, so what I've gathered from around the net, the original Prototype was hit or miss with many fans. I personally enjoyed the game, and actually need to go back and finish up the achievements. Of course, I could say the same thing about anything on my played list that isn't 1Ked...Anyways, I remember some quirky controls and camera angles at times, but I did enjoy running amok as the super-powered Alex Mercer. Apparently enough people did, as it warranted the upcoming release of Prototype 2.

That's right, I was shocked to learn that Prototype 2 was a mere month away, releasing on April 24th. For those of you that are interested, there are pre-order bonuses aplenty. So many so, that I actually find it a bit overwhelming. So, I'm going to try and sort it out right here for all of our sakes.

First things first, there are two versions of Prototype 2: The vanilla version, and the "Blackwatch Collector's Edition". The Collector's Edition, which can be seen at Gamestop's site, includes the following material:

- Prototype 2 RADNET Edition Content
- Free Prototype 2 DLC Pack #1 – Colossal Mayhem
- Official Prototype 2 Soundtrack CD
- Exclusive Prototype 2 Hardbound Art Book
- Dark Horse Digital Comic “Prototype: The Labrinth”
- 20% Discount Voucher at Prototype Merchandise Store

What is this RADNET Edition content you may ask? Well onto the next pre-order bonus! All first run copies of the vanilla version of Prototype 2, as well as all Blackwatch Collector's Editions, will be marketed as the "RADNET Edition", similar to Bulletstorm's Epic Edition and Battlefield 3's Limited Edition. These RADNET editions will come with codes to access 55 items of DLC, including themes, in-game events and challenges, bonus in-game mutations, avatar gear, videos and more! This DLC will not be readily available on launch day, instead being released in weekly bundles over the course of seven weeks after release. Mums the word from Activision on whether or not this content will be available to owners of the non RADNET version of the game. Now, while it is possible that you could walk into your favorite retailer on launch day and pick up a copy of the RADNET edition, pre-ordering any version of the game at any retailer guarantees you that copy.

Alright, well now onto retailer-specific pre-order content. First up is Best Buy, which seems to be the only retailer offering physical pre-order items. Securing your RADNET edition there gets you this double sided Prototype 2 poster:

If the poster isn't enough (and actually now that I've seen it, I really want one), Best Buy is also offering this exclusive steelbook case:

Fancy

I'm a real sucker for steelbooks, so I'll be grabbing a case regardless. Its also worth noting that Best Buy is offering G1, or DVD, size steelbook cases to Xbox 360 owners and G2, or blu ray, size steelbook cases to PS3 owners. A nice touch for those OCD like myself. Not much is known on the steelbooks at the moment, and stores do not yet have them in stock like they do the Assassin's Creed 3 steelbooks, but I will try to update when I learn more. On top of both of those goodies, you will also get the in-game Hardened Steel Vehicle Armor upgrade! Big Blue is looking better and better for this release.

Amazon.com is offering a code to download "The Anchor", a Prototype digital comic from Dark Horse. This comic supposedly bridges the gap between the first game's protagonist turned antagonist, Alex Mercer and his decent into madness. Gamestop, on the other hand, is offering the "Bio-Bomb Butt Kicker" in-game ability. A strange name indeed. At any rate, Amazon seems to be the only retailer not offering an in game upgrade.

So there you have it. Hopefully I've been able to shed some light on what you can come to expect with the release of Prototype 2, and don't forget that you have just over a month to secure your copy at the retailer of your choice. What were your thoughts on the original? Are you looking forward to the second installment?

Source
(Source: http://www.shacknews.com/article/72827/prototype-2-pre-order-bonuses-announced)
Keywords: None

Options:
Archived: Article Discussion: Prototype 2 Pre Order Bonuses Abound

Posted Under: Xbox News

There are no posts in this article yet.

1 16274
This thread has been archived. When a thread has been inactive for an extended period of time, it becomes "archived." These threads may be viewed but may not receive new posts. If you have something to post relevant to the topic, try searching for a more recent thread or create a new thread.