Home Login Sign Up Forums News Articles Leaderboards Members Search
Welcome! Sign up to remove the advertisements.

Mass Effect 3 Patches, Crashes, and DLC Weekend

News | April 12, 2012 2:56 pm
Well, BioWare has been quite busy with Mass Effect 3 this week. Tuesday saw the release of a bug fixing patch: The main reason behind this patch was to fix a problem that was preventing players from importing character faces from the the original Mass Effect, through Mass Effect 2, and then into Mass Effect 3. The patch did address a few other issue, so check out the full list of fixes:

-Fixed issues when, in some cases, Shepard's customized facial features from ME1/ME2 may not be properly imported to ME3.

-Fixed an issue when quickly and repeatedly selecting to Resume a Save could result in Player Level reset and a potential locking of powers.

-Fixed an issue when selecting Multiplayer in the Main Menu while under a poor network connection could result in an unresponsive state.

-Fixed a potential crash while accessing an in-game terminal from Eden Prime level.

-Fixed an issue when attempting to login while Server is down. It would display a Server Down message and accepting the Server Shutdown message would shut down the game.

-Fixed a potential memory crash while loading a Quick Save of a custom Female Shepard.

-Fixed an issue when restarting missions and acquiring an above max amount of weapon mods results in displayed debug text on-screen.

-Fixed an issue when an unresponsive game state could occur during transition after the Conduit level.

Now, this patch comes a bit late, as the face import issue was the source of some public outcry from fans of all three games. Chris Priestly, BioWare's community manager, defended the delay of the patch, stating that "A new patch gets heavily tested by BioWare, EA, Microsoft and Sony before it can e released to the public...We all want to e sure that it fixes teh issues it is supposed to fix and doesn't start any new issues."

Straight from the horse's mouth. Apparently, this new patch wasn't tested heavily enough and has caused some new issues; I'd call causing some consoles to crash and/or making ME3 completely unplayable a pretty big issue. Bigger than the fact that I couldn't import Shepard's face.

Players have been describing a number of problems, such as getting caught in an endless loading cycle and never reaching the main menu. Others have said that the game continuously attempts to contact the EA servers, but fail, and still others have said that trying to play crashes the console completely.

BioWare is aware, and has gone so far as to request help from users on their message board. If you have been affected by these problems, some community-suggested work-arounds include:

-Disconnecting your console from Xbox Live

-Clearing the System Cache

-Swapping game discs

-Trying over and over

Keep in mind that this does not apply to everyone, and many have not had any issues at all, so don't let this deter you from playing. In any event, BioWare has another multiplayer weekend planned this weekend, so hopefully everything gets ironed out before then.

That's right, hot on the heels of ME3's Operation: Beachhead weekend, this weekend's "Operation: Resurgence" weekend will grand players an additional 10% of all XP gained. On top of that, if you play with the Resurgence Pack DLC, which was released for free just this week, you will be gifted with the "Reserves Pack" the following week.

What do you get with the Reserves Pack, you may ask? Well, having this will gain you access to one of the Resurgence Pack's new unlockable characters. That's right, you'll have instant access to either the Asari Justicar Adept, Krogan Battlemaster Vanguard, Batarian Soldier, Batarian Sentinel, Geth Engineer or Geth Infiltrator.

The Operation: Resurgence multiplayer weekend will begin this Friday, April 13th at 8P.M. Eastern Time and will run all the way until the following Monday, April 16th at 8A.M. Eastern. So pick up the Resurgence DLC pack now and get ready to take it to the Reapers this weekend!
(Source: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11397-Mass-Effect-3-Update-Hits--Fixes-Face-Imports.html)
Keywords: Mass effect 3, ME3

Options:
Archived: Article Discussion: Mass Effect 3 Patches, Crashes, and DLC Weekend

Posted Under: Xbox News
Re: Mass Effect 3 Patches, Crashes, and DLC Weekend
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 25,000 or higher.

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 50,000 or higher.

Silver Waffle
Silver Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 100,000 or higher.

It Defines Me
It Defines Me

This user mentioned Xbox America in his Xbox Live biography.

Sociable
Sociable

This user introduced himself or herself in the Introduce Yourself forum.

Googler
Googler

This user used the Xbox America search bar.

Well good to see they at least done something and the extra with dlc for weekend is nice too
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

Silver Waffle
Silver Waffle

Golden Waffle
Golden Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 150,000 or higher.

3 Year Login Streak
3 Year Login Streak

This user has logged in to Xbox America every day for the past three years.

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

This user has written over 1,000 posts. Rock on!

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

This Xbox America member has been featured in the Monthly Community Spotlight.

Barterer
Barterer

This user has completed 3 or more game trades and is in good trading standing.

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

This user created a thread which attracted 150 or more replies.

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

This user has posted one of his or her official Xbox America gamercards on another website.

With my luck I will get the Batarian Soldier for free...yawn...

I would be interested to know what everyone gets for free.
Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

This user has donated $1+ to Xbox America.

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

Silver Waffle
Silver Waffle

Golden Waffle
Golden Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 150,000 or higher.

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

This user has written over 1,000 posts. Rock on!

Head of State
Head of State

This user has one of the highest gamerscores in his or her region.

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

This Xbox America member has been featured in the Monthly Community Spotlight.

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

This user is a member of Xbox America's group on 360Voice.com.

Ron Burgundy
Ron Burgundy

This user has written 10+ published Xbox America news articles.

Discussion Sparker
Discussion Sparker

This user created a thread which attracted 150 or more replies.

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

This user has posted one of his or her official Xbox America gamercards on another website.

They got called out by the BBB over false claims with the endings and choices among the update problems :rofl:

http://www.gamesradar.com/mass-effect-3-called-out-better-business-bureau-amid-spate-new-issues/
1 16380
This thread has been archived. When a thread has been inactive for an extended period of time, it becomes "archived." These threads may be viewed but may not receive new posts. If you have something to post relevant to the topic, try searching for a more recent thread or create a new thread.