Home Login Sign Up Forums News Articles Leaderboards Members Search
Welcome! Sign up to remove the advertisements.

Mass Effect 3 not supporting Cloud Saves

News | March 12, 2012 1:38 pm

If you have an Xbox 360 and are planning to use your ME2 files that are saved on the Cloud you might want to read this information. Mass Effect 3 players won't be able to import their Mass Effect 2 save file if it's located on the cloud. It will have to be moved back to the console that the save was created on.

EA published a troubleshooting guide today that asks users to move their save files to back to the original Xbox where it was created and transfer the file via USB, memory card, or transfer cable.

Below is EA's solution:

We are currently aware of an issue that may prevent Xbox 360 users from importing their Mass Effect 2 save game files into Mass Effect 3.

Mass Effect 3 does not support cloud saves from Mass Effect 2. This can cause it to not recognize save files that have been transferred via cloud to a device other than the one where they originated. Therefore, the following scenarios will result in no import functionality.

Moving your save file from the hard drive disc to the cloud.
Moving your save file to another X360 system via the cloud (instead of a memory card or other device).

Solution to scenario 1:

Move your save file from the cloud back onto the hard drive from which it originated, i.e. the X360 you originally created the save file on.

Solution to scenario 2:

Move your save file from the cloud back onto the hard drive from which it originated, i.e. the X360 you originally created the save file on.
Using a memory card, USB stick, or Xbox 360 HDD transfer cable, transfer the save file to the new X360.

The only situation where the user cannot do the above scenarios is if the file was moved to the cloud and the original system isn't available to transfer it back to.

They definitely understand that this is a big issue and a setback for those gamers that have been onboard w/ Mass Effect since inception and appreciate their patience.
(Source: http://www.gameinformer.com)
Keywords: None

Options:
Archived: Article Discussion: Mass Effect 3 not supporting Cloud Saves

Posted Under: Xbox News
Re: Mass Effect 3 not supporting Cloud Saves
Xbox America Staff
Xbox America Staff

This is a staff member of Xbox America

Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

This user has donated $1+ to Xbox America.

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 25,000 or higher.

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 50,000 or higher.

Silver Waffle
Silver Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 100,000 or higher.

Golden Waffle
Golden Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 150,000 or higher.

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

This user has written over 1,000 posts. Rock on!

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

This Xbox America member has been featured in the Monthly Community Spotlight.

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

This user is a member of Xbox America's group on 360Voice.com.

Ron Burgundy
Ron Burgundy

This user has written 10+ published Xbox America news articles.

Brain Stormer
Brain Stormer

This user thought of an idea for a new site feature which was later implemented.

Sociable
Sociable

This user introduced himself or herself in the Introduce Yourself forum.

Googler
Googler

This user used the Xbox America search bar.

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

This user has posted one of his or her official Xbox America gamercards on another website.

Actually, perhaps someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe this has been fixed yet. I haven't used cloud saves, so it doesn't particularly affect me, but I feel sorry for those that it does.
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

This user has posted one of his or her official Xbox America gamercards on another website.

That’s why I have no faith in the “Cloud”.
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

This really isnt an issue. If you try to carry a save from a previous game into a new like ME does, then you should do on your console, then you can put your ME 3 save on the cloud and it works fine.
1 16234
This thread has been archived. When a thread has been inactive for an extended period of time, it becomes "archived." These threads may be viewed but may not receive new posts. If you have something to post relevant to the topic, try searching for a more recent thread or create a new thread.