Home Login Sign Up Forums News Articles Leaderboards Members Search
Welcome! Sign up to remove the advertisements.

Free Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City DLC

News | March 20, 2012 2:44 pm
Capcom has not become synonymous with the word free in any regard. Whether they are under fire from loyal fans about charging for content already locked on the disc, offer outrageously priced DLC in the form of different costumes or simple palette swaps, or release the same game over and over at full retail price all the while dropping support for the game's previous iteration. Yes, there is more than a few loyal fans with an axe to grind thanks to Capcom's antics.

However, they may be trying to win some fans back over, with their latest announcement of free DLC for the latest installment of Resident Evil. Operation Raccoon City is set to receive a free DLC add-on in the form of Special Ops missions. Sent out to control the recent outbreak, players will assume the role of the Spec Ops team, who will traverse the city fending off zombies and humans alike. Check out the description below for more info:

"Deployed to Raccoon City to establish the truth behind what led to the deadly virus outbreak, the Spec Ops squad will meet a familiar face on their journey. Fans of the series will be able to re-visit the moment when Jill Valentine encounters the Nemesis, sent by Umbrella to eliminate all S.T.A.R.S members. On a battle field that can only exist within the terrifying Resident Evil universe, players will need to fight off the opposing team members from the Umbrella Security Service as well as zombies and B.O.W.s to succeed in their mission."

Players will assume the role of Spec Ops members Tweed, Dee-ay, Harley, Willow, Shona and Party Girl with the DLC, which is set to release on April 11th. Whether or not the content is on the disc, I have to give it up to Capcom for releasing it free of charge. RE fans are no doubt aware that Operation Raccoon City hit today. I got to watch my sister play a bit during my lunch break today, and I've got to say I was not very impressed. This coming from a long time RE fan from the original on PS One. But, more on that when I eventually get my hands on the game itself.
(Source: http://www.trueachievements.com/n7961/free-re-operation-raccoon-city-dlc.htm)
Keywords: None

Options:
Archived: Article Discussion: Free Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City DLC

Posted Under: Xbox News

Deleted User

Re: Free Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City DLC
Xbox America Staff
Xbox America Staff

This is a staff member of Xbox America

Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

This user has donated $1+ to Xbox America.

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 25,000 or higher.

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 50,000 or higher.

Silver Waffle
Silver Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 100,000 or higher.

Golden Waffle
Golden Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 150,000 or higher.

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

This user has written over 1,000 posts. Rock on!

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

This Xbox America member has been featured in the Monthly Community Spotlight.

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

This user is a member of Xbox America's group on 360Voice.com.

Ron Burgundy
Ron Burgundy

This user has written 10+ published Xbox America news articles.

Brain Stormer
Brain Stormer

This user thought of an idea for a new site feature which was later implemented.

Sociable
Sociable

This user introduced himself or herself in the Introduce Yourself forum.

Googler
Googler

This user used the Xbox America search bar.

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

This user has posted one of his or her official Xbox America gamercards on another website.

I didn't realize (though should have expected) that they were charging for Nemesis mode. That was the one thing I was mainly interested in; looks like it'll definitely be a pass for me.
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

360Voice Group
360Voice Group

This user is a member of Xbox America's group on 360Voice.com.

Googler
Googler

Loving this game, beat the campaign yesterday and am tackling the 4 online modes. There's a high level of replayability.

It's basically SOCOM with zombies. Don't expect an 8 player survival horror game haha.
Competition Pro
Competition Pro

This user has won three or more gamerscore competitions.

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

I hope they put a little more effort into RE6 this coming november.
the online play in RE ORC is a combination of COD team death match & COD zombies. not saying thats a bad thing but mixing 2 old ideas isn't really considered a new one. or is it?
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

Silver Waffle
Silver Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 100,000 or higher.

Golden Waffle
Golden Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 150,000 or higher.

Sociable
Sociable

Googler
Googler

Gamercard Lover
Gamercard Lover

This user has posted one of his or her official Xbox America gamercards on another website.

I had some problems playing with friends in the campaign with it glitching out. Especially the end level. Once we got to Leon every time one of us would climb the ladder, it would not trigger the cut scene. I wish it had a little more story content in it that I was hoping. It wasnt bad gameplay wise, i just wish it had a little more involvement of the main series. The multiplayer isnt too bad. definatly a need for friends. cause most team mates dont play the objectives. Is the nemesis mode really worth it? I thought about buying it but wasnt sure if it made that much of a difference.
1 16296
This thread has been archived. When a thread has been inactive for an extended period of time, it becomes "archived." These threads may be viewed but may not receive new posts. If you have something to post relevant to the topic, try searching for a more recent thread or create a new thread.