Whats that? No really. Who didnt know that there would be a ME 2. I mean really. However, a different developing team is a mystery for me, why would they switch that up? Lets hope its for the good and not for the worse. I would hate to see the series suffer because of this.

Unattributed Quote:

March 2, 2009 - BioWare is opening a new studio at EA's Montreal location that will have the highly anticipated sequel Mass Effect 2 as its first project. This news comes via GameDaily.

The team will be roughly 30 strong and about half of those people will be brought in from the existing BioWare Edmonton team. GameDaily notes that some of these people worked on the original Mass Effect. The rest will be new hires.

"We're really excited about it, and we think it's going to be a huge opportunity to tap into the talent base in Montreal while supplementing our existing teams in Edmonton and Austin, which are doing some great stuff on all the other projects BioWare's working on," Ray Muzyka, co-founder of BioWare told GameDaily.

Muzyka also noted that BioWare has a couple secret projects to announce at a later date. You don't say?