Home Login Sign Up Forums News Articles Leaderboards Members Search
Welcome! Sign up to remove the advertisements.

Options:
Archived:

Posted Under: Articles
Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

This user has donated $1+ to Xbox America.

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

This Xbox America member has been featured in the Monthly Community Spotlight.

My apologies for not getting this up sooner, but there were many mitigating factors. I apologize to Nyko for forgetting to get this information up.

I had a chance to sit down with Chris Arbogast from Nyko to go over a couple of their new products for the Xbox 360. While we have all come to know that Nyko is all about providing products for consoles that can make life a little easier, the two products in particular that I focused on are all about convenience: The latest version of the Intercoolr and the new 360 Charge Station.

The Intercooler has gone through a few different changes over the lifespan of the 360, primarily due to subtle changes in the actual hardware of the 360 itself. Due to these design changes, Nyko is forced to change the way the unit clips onto the back of the system itself. This version of the Intercooler, however, has gone through more than just a change in design for clipping in. The unit itself now runs more efficiently. It doesnt take up nearly as much power as its previous versions, which is never a bad thing. The unit still clips onto the back of your 360 and keeps the internal components nice and cool with the strong fans that are built into the Intercooler itself. Its not nearly as noticeable on the back of your unit this time around as well, although bulk was never really an issue in the first place. The newest Intercooler retails for around $25.

The other product that I reviewed was the new 360 Charge Station. While Nyko has done a great job providing different ways to charge our controllers and even provide their own batteries, they are now taking it a step further, eliminating the cables that run from the controller to the 360 and giving you a simple base to plug your controllers in. The Charge Station itself can house two controllers on the base, providing you with a quick connection to charging your overworked 360 controllers.

Nyko provides you new rechargeable batteries inside each package, good for two controllers, of course. You replace the batteries on your current controller, which will now have three connectors on the backside of it. These connectors line up with the charge station and plug straight in. On the front of the unit are two lights, which will go from red to green once the controllers are fully charged. There is no concern of leaving the controllers plugged in for too long, as the unit will go into a standby mode and not charge the controller any more than needed. The Charge Station 360 retails for $35-$40.
Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

Another thing I will post are some pictures. XBA has been really funny about me posting pictures with articles lately...so I'll host them seperately and get them up.
Competition Pro
Competition Pro

This user has won three or more gamerscore competitions.

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 25,000 or higher.

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

This user has achieved a gamerscore of 50,000 or higher.

3 Year Login Streak
3 Year Login Streak

This user has logged in to Xbox America every day for the past three years.

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

This user has written over 1,000 posts. Rock on!

Representin'
Representin'

This user has given Xbox America some love in his Xbox Live motto.

It Defines Me
It Defines Me

This user mentioned Xbox America in his Xbox Live biography.

Googler
Googler

This user used the Xbox America search bar.

i bought one of thse nyko intercoolers and it worked until it burned out lol

Deleted User

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

Yeah I think he forgot to fill in the name.....

Deleted User

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

Quote by PSORaine:

lol I wasn't sure... hey, it's fixed! That makes my post look weird.

I got your back on your comment.....
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

Quote by MonopolyFreak19:

i bought one of thse nyko intercoolers and it worked until it burned out lol

Yeah I was told one time while in a Gamestop that the Intercooler voids the warranty...I never used mine again. Plus my original Xbox 360 sounded like a jet starting up for takeoff when I turned it on, that was annoying....

Deleted User

Competition Pro
Competition Pro

This user has won three or more gamerscore competitions.

Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

3 Year Login Streak
3 Year Login Streak

This user has logged in to Xbox America every day for the past three years.

1,000 Posts
1,000 Posts

This user has written over 1,000 posts. Rock on!

Representin'
Representin'

This user has given Xbox America some love in his Xbox Live motto.

It Defines Me
It Defines Me

This user mentioned Xbox America in his Xbox Live biography.

Googler
Googler

This user used the Xbox America search bar.

Quote by CaptainMayhem88:

plus the fact that the intercoolers actually do more damage to the 360s than if you didn't have one at all.

yeah i learned that the hard way
but what if u put a regular fan hitting towards the 360?

Deleted User

Xbox America Friend
Xbox America Friend

Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

Yeah....my bad on the whole (NAME) thing....I was writing away from home on my laptop and didn't have the proper information. When I finally posted it, it was one in the morning and I was dead tired.

Anyways, I had an Intercooler for awhile and it did its job quite well until it wouldn't power up anymore.

The charge station is definitely cool, though.
Burnt Waffle
Burnt Waffle

Bronze Waffle
Bronze Waffle

Quote by HochulisPythons:

Yeah....my bad on the whole (NAME) thing....I was writing away from home on my laptop and didn't have the proper information. When I finally posted it, it was one in the morning and I was dead tired.

Anyways, I had an Intercooler for awhile and it did its job quite well until it wouldn't power up anymore.

The charge station is definitely cool, though.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind checking out the charging station....for some reason or other my original 360 controller won't let me connect my wireless mic to slot number one when it is on, therefore I can't speak to anyone when using it online. And to further my frustration my Elite controller won't charge with the plug-n-play (and yes I did put the rechargeable battery on the back and took off the old battery cover). Does anyone else have this problem with the Elite console?
I got an official Microsoft charge station from Best Buy some five months ago, with the exact same functions as the BRAND NEW from NYKO one.
Plus, the charge station came with two batteries and was only $30.

Deleted User

1 5704
This thread has been archived. When a thread has been inactive for an extended period of time, it becomes "archived." These threads may be viewed but may not receive new posts. If you have something to post relevant to the topic, try searching for a more recent thread or create a new thread.